::Pointless Poll:: Saturday results

Surprising Saturday Results  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Saturday night results would surprise you most?

• Concord, CA: Vanguard beats Blue Devils
    • Rockford, IL: Carolina takes the crown
    • Rockford, IL: Madison finishes 4th or higher
    • Toledo, OH: Bluecoats knockout the Cadets
    • Toledo, OH: Troopers finish 5th or higher

Madison had one down season. One. They are a perennial DCI powerhouse whereas Crown is not. Why does everyone think Madison is a lower echelon corps after one season out of the top 12? I will never understand that. :blink:

Madison has had several "down" seasons this decade.

2000 10 85.500 The Cossack Brotherhood - The Gadfly – Finale * Meadowland Amazon * Ballet Suite No 1 – Galop Amazon * Gopak (from Gayne Ballet) Amazon * Masquerade – Romance * Taras Bulba – Overture

2001 11 86.550 Hot Jazz - Madison Style - The Fire and the Flame * Oh, Those Martian Blues * Symphonie Pour L'Orchestre Americain * Ballet In Brass

2002 14 84.850 Conquest - Captain from Castile Amazon * Asturias * Conquistador Amazon * Conquistadores * Save El Dorado

2003 8 89.550 GOLD, GREEN AND RED: The Music of Benoit Jutras - Jardin Chinois * Distorted (from La Nouba) Amazon * Atmadja * Urban * Reve Rouge * Incantation

2004 8 91.175 MadiSonic - Sound Piece for Jazz Orchestra * Malaga Amazon

2005 6 92.625 The Carmen Project - Carmen Amazon

2006 9 87.700 Primal Forces - Feast Day In Seville * Harp Concerto Amazon * Gabriel's Oboe (from the Mission) Amazon * Malambo (Finale from Estancia)

2007 15 81.850

I agree, they are a perennial DCI powerhouse. Any time they place below 9th or 10th place is a "down" year for them. They should be top 6 to be considered a power house. They've been out two times in the last 6 years, and I have great love for them, but lately, Crown has been the perennial powe house, and I think they'll only go up this year.

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranked in order of suprising-ness

1. Rockford, IL: Carolina takes the crown

2. Toledo, OH: Bluecoats knockout the Cadets

3. Rockford, IL: Madison finishes 4th or higher

4. Toledo, OH: Troopers finish 5th or higher

5. Concord, CA: Vanguard beats Blue Devils

that a recent video of Crown's rehearsal shows that they're not up to all the hype that surrounds them?

imho, i wasn't impressed. i hope to be proved wrong later.

The recent BD clip on youtube doesn't show them in the best light either, but I have NO doubt they'll be a contender. Crown will be elite again this year. It's so fun to jump on the Crown wagon this year!

im going closer to 5. I doubt crown will score that high in an early show with cavies and phantom. If they do, well good for them. I'll predict a 65 for madison (completely baseless, so dont yell at me for it...)

aren't the scores going to be slightly inflated these first few shows b/c of the altered judging panel?

aren't the scores going to be slightly inflated these first few shows b/c of the altered judging panel?

does that mean the west coast gets double inflation??? Breaking 90 in June???? WOWZERS!!!

No way Crown wins in Rockford - My bet is they place right behind Madison

Takes a hit of what he's smoking and passes it around...

The only place Madison will be ahead of Crown on this weekend is on the road, by getting on the bus earlier than Crown on Saturday night. If Madison scores a 66.5 or higher on Saturday, I would be absolutely shocked. I hope to be proven wrong though.

Edited by Elmo Blatch

Takes a hit of what he's smoking and passes it around...

Yeah I want some of that too... I think Madison beating Crown is pretty unrealistic...

I would not mind seeing it though....

The only place Madison will be ahead of Crown on this weekend is on the road, by getting on the bus earlier than Crown on Saturday night. If Madison scores a 66.5 or higher on Saturday, I would be absolutely shocked. I hope to be proven wrong though.

I just saw your updated post.

I actually think Madison will score in the high 60's. 68.75 maybe

I think that a number of corps will actually score higher than normal out the gate. I see Blue stars close to 70 at the first show as well as Colts. Troopers in the high 60's (67ish) and Boston above 70 out of the gate (which is about on par I guess) and PC higher than normal.

I have no insight at all on G-men, but I do think Spirit will come out a bit low. I have heard that they are a bit behind in comparison to years past. I also see Academy coming out strong, but hitting a wall due to their program.

.... all speculation at this point of course