Needing some serious advice

Pack your bags, kiss momma goodbye, and hit the road. Corps B.

Good luck!

Boom

:tongue:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say go with corps B. Less money, same instrument. Sure "A" may be the corps you love now, but you will might feel the same way about "B" after marching a season with "B." If for nothing else, marching with a different corps will give you more exposure to different styles of teaching and might look better on resumes/applications/whatever.

I am not aging out yet, I'm only seventeen.

Well, try corps B. You have plenty of years ahead of you to go back to Corps A if Corps B doesn't work out for you.

I am not aging out yet, I'm only seventeen.

"Home is where the heart is" I don't know where I got that from... I think a movie.

I am not saying to pick Corps A or Corps B... but follow your heart! If your heart says that you just want to play music, then go with that. Picking Corps B might be better off for now because of financial situations. You have to do this for yourself first. You are only 17 so you have a lot of years left before you age out. It's a really hard choice but in the end, you have to do what's best for you.

Well, try corps B. You have plenty of years ahead of you to go back to Corps A if Corps B doesn't work out for you.

Seconded.

Nothing against smaller corps, but you never know what you're missing (or not missing) without getting out there anyway.

That being said, you should definitely march SOMEwhere.

Go with B.

getting help from others is always nice, but then you "owe" them. Most people that support friends in this manner aren't that way, but there is always that chance. Worrying about finances with corps A might also dampen your enthusiasm for the year...

Corps B sounds like a sounder financial choice for you. I know the world and life shouldn't revolve around money, but being the realist I am..it does.

You are going to be happy either way you go....With corps A, you have old friends and you know what you are getting into.

With Corps B, you are going to have a whole bunch of new friends, and being a world class corps, the touring experience is going to be different.

I'd go B, at least this year. Next year you may be financially able to go back to A, if that's where your heart lies...

either way you go....go...play...bring your music to the world...drum corps fans await!