Toledo Tavern

I'll I know is, when I merely suggested that BAC might surprise the Cadets in this show, someone told me to "wake up from my dream world".....

Well, they didn't beat Cadets overall, but they DID take top visual, and from what I have read from 4 reviews so far, the audience is digging the show...bigtime.

Hmm....no amped voice, narration, props, stages, et al, and CONQUEST at the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them when they come back to New Engl;and in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT'EM UP, BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Yeah I said that, but I meant it as a joke. There was no offense intended. I guess I apologize if you took it that way. I have always acknowledged though that things can happen so I am not naive.

And not to downplay Boston's victory in the visual caption, but Cadets did have two drummers fall last night (from what I hear) so that could have had some affect on why they scored what they did in visual. It may not have made too much of a difference, but we won't know what could have been.

Edited by 2000Cadet

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston brought back a full out version of Conquest at the end of thier show? Sweeeeeet! In the past, they would just have a little teaser of it somewhere.

Not a full version like they did up until 1991, but they used much more of it (including a SWEET company front which seemed to go on forever in today's drum corps universe) than they have in the past few years. The crowd LOVED it.

And not to downplay Boston's victory in the visual caption, but Cadets did have two drummers fall last night (from what I hear) so that could have had some affect on why they scored what they did in visual. It may not have made too much of a difference, but we won't know what could have been.

the stage was setup on the wrong yard line.

and the cadets won GE visual by a lot.

the scores say:

boston -> cleaner from the box on june 21

cadets -> better designed show on august 9

the stage was setup on the wrong yard line.

and the cadets won GE visual by a lot.

the scores say:

boston -> cleaner from the box on june 21

cadets -> better designed show on august 9

Well I didn't want to offend anyone else, so I chose not to bring up those points, but you said it better than I would have.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Cadets:

I felt that with them having the stage so far in the back of the field and two actors on the stage, I couldn't see facial expressions, hand movements, etc. So, the actors were lost in the back. The dialoge needs to be changed as well. The attempt to hide the narrators behind an ugly/cheap black screen is a bad choice. They need to place them some where else. The 35 yardline behind a black screen is way too obvious, a distraction, and it gets in the way if you are sitting down low in a stadium. Last year I loved the cadets music and drill, but hated the narration. This year, I did not like any of it. The show just left me saying "That was it" Nothing really wow'ed me like I usually feel from the Cadets. I was sitting in the middle of the stands, and everyone around me was saying the same thing after their show.

Boston:

I am usually not a Boston fan, but they were my favorite corps. of the night. Their hronline is producing some serious sound. Without giving a long review, it can simply said that Boston was very exciting and entertaining. What else can you ask for.

Bluecoats:

The show is a little on the cheesy side. The boxers were a nice touch in the beginning, but there were times where they were just out there being a distraction. I like the use of them, but I think using them less and only when needed would be a good choice. This is another entertaining show from Bluecoats. I do not like it as much as last years show, but they will be fine.

Glassmen:

The audiance liked the show, but they have some major performance issues right now. They hornline had many rough sounding moments and they ran out of gas at the end. I feel like this will be another on the bubble year for the glassmen as far as finals go.