The Official 2008 Carolina Crown FAN Discussion Thread

Crown rocks....period.....musical product is stellar....I saw them Monday in Virginia.....and if they continue with the rapidly improving performance levels of this deceivingly difficult show....and they actually play music arrangements that make musical sense.....what a concept!!! I think the audience appreciates that a bit, too........lol....for those who think tonight was a fluke, look out..............tonight was not a surprise for me, but was long overdue.........

GB

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching the video from Orlando- anybody else think the contra line should just let go with a big ol' pedal at the end of their feature?

Worked for BD for a couple years, after all. :thumbup:

maybe they're saving the pedal tone for Finals week :)

Carolina Crown made my first DCI show very enjoyable. They killed it in Orlando and I think they will do really well this year at Finals.

Hey does anyone know the piece that is right at the 6:00 mark in the orlando video?

It sounds super familiar but I can't place it.

So I picked up on three classic ending drill moves that Crown is paying homage to during 1812: The company front stepping over the guard (was that from Cavalier's "Softly as I Leave You"?), the z pull, and the disintegrating company front from Cadets. Are there others I am missing?

Any bets that by finals week they take that closing Crown formation, deconstruct it, and reform 90 degrees clockwise, a la Star cross to cross?

So I picked up on three classic ending drill moves that Crown is paying homage to during 1812: The company front stepping over the guard (was that from Cavalier's "Softly as I Leave You"?), the z pull, and the disintegrating company front from Cadets. Are there others I am missing?

Any bets that by finals week they take that closing Crown formation, deconstruct it, and reform 90 degrees clockwise, a la Star cross to cross?

that gave me chills just thinking about it.

They are also doing a wedge crabstep.

The Wedge by the Baritones and Euphoniums when they play the "God save the Tsar" aka Russian National Anthem.

oops...too late

Edited by BarryMorgan

That would be great.