2008 Cadets show

Closer... but I am still feeling that you are locked into an old definition of "frozen dessert" that doesn't allow for growth and development of the genre.

BTW, you do get that I'm kidding don't you :laughing:

Okay, how about we go to Carvel and you pick it out for me? :angry:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, how about we go to Carvel and you pick it out for me? :laughing:

How about I just narrate you through the choosing process :angry:

Sorry I am from a different part of the coutry so I can only assume that Carvel's is an ice cream place? As warm as it is here (rather unusal for this part of the country) I could stand some ice cream!

How about I just narrate you through the choosing process :angry:

Sorry I am from a different part of the coutry so I can only assume that Carvel's is an ice cream place? As warm as it is here (rather unusal for this part of the country) I could stand some ice cream!

You can even read me the ingredients.

(and Carvel is an Ice Cream place. Where do you live, in Cali or something?? lol)

Then don't eat the ice cream. Excuse yourself from the table when the Cadets are entering the field, come back when they are done. Very simple solution.

If you do that, you get told that you're hurting the ice cream, and next year it might "melt".

Wait, what?

If you do that, you get told that you're hurting the ice cream, and next year it might "melt".

Wait, what?

My thoughts exactly. :angry:

You can even read me the ingredients.

(and Carvel is an Ice Cream place. Where do you live, in Cali or something?? lol)

Ah yes then I can tell you what goes into making you happy! I knew we could bring this around the original point of this thread!!! HA, HA! :angry:

Worse...the middle of nowhere Michigan! I looked them up though and there are a few in Detroit so I may have to try them when I am there for the 4th. I am captivated by the picture of the sprinkle machine. Do I get to chose and apply my own sprinkles!?!?!?!!

I am hesitant to judge the Cadets show this year because 1) I haven't seen it, and 2) Thanks to 2007 Cadets I can no longer summarily dismiss a corps show as "hated" due to overwhelming use of narration, because last year they were just so ###### GOOD I fell in love with the show, narration and all because their staff deviously constructed the show in such a manner that to have removed the narration the show would not have worked. And although I loved the show, I do somewhat resent them for designing a show with narration that I loved DESPITE the narration.

I hope I can go back to hating Cadets narration, but.............I didn't last year, and until I see this year's I can't really say anything one way or another.

Didn't realise that it is preshow, but it is way more than they have done in all years combined. They do talk alot, and it is all subjective. I am not argunig the use of narration. I just point out that is funny that someone who is blasting narration is a suporter of a corps that USES narration. I forgot, it is only OK when ANYBODY but the Cadets uses it?

while I oppose narration in all forms, I don't BLAST narration that is short, to the point, has a reason, actually contributes to the show, and is entertaining....all of these things the Cadets narrations aren't...listening to someone that put job over love, and is battling breast cancer isn't entertaining...it's preachy. If I want to be depressed, I'll get married again...

If I want to be depressed, I'll get married again...

Preach on, brother. QFT

:angry: