2008 Cadets show

I think the most important point raised in this topic is that no one who hates the Cadets of today WANTS to hate them. I would do anything to love this year's Cadets show, but I just cannot. Being so familiar with the past 25 years of the Cadets makes this sentiment so much stronger. I'm sure many other people are in the same boat.

if you really wanted to send this topic into a tizzy, you could have said you Love this years narration, and you wouldn't change a thing... :lookaround:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short and to the point, excuse my bluntness. Did you ever sleep with another man ?? Is it your cup of tea ?? Do you have to experience it first hand in order to know if you are going to like it or not ??

Example two: Do you like anchovies ?? Do you need to chew them and swirl them around in your mouth before you know you arent going to like them ?? Maybe you tried them (Cadets 2006) You hated them, do you really need to try them again (Cadets 2008) to form the same opinion ??

Cadets, or any corps that floods their design with constant chatter through a microphone could walk on water, invent new notes on the scale, throw consistent 20's in the rifle line and basically set a new world record for movement, but it doesnt change the fact that to many, it is tainted. If you love Pizza and hate pepperoni, You cant just "eat it anyway" and avoice the pepperoni, the grease slides all over the place ruining every single bite for those that dont like it.

Geoffrey

Oh wow. As far as sleeping with another man, I pretty much know that I am not going to like sleeping with another man because the organ God gave me will not grow for another man.

As far as anchovies go, I know I don't like them because I have actually tried them.

I stand by my original statement. If you haven't seen something, I don't think it is fair to "hate" it without seeing it. I think sleeping with a man and watching a drum corps show are two TOTALLY different worlds. But, like I also said, I accept that people are going to judge something that way so I am moving on. :smile:

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding !!!! Thankfully, theres only about a handfull of people that post here that dont get that and actually take it personal. Should any of us meet, we all have way more in common than not. Anyone that would rather avoid or make fun of someone in the real world because they disagree on a forum is just plain childish or never was a part of the community in the first place.

Geoffrey

Valid points as I found out a few hours ago that skewerz and I both like steaks. :lookaround:

Hmm, what would I rather have, air conditioning, or a trophy....... :lookaround:

Geoffrey

Air conditioning is WAY more comfortable than a trophy... :smile:

I stand by my original statement. If you haven't seen something, I don't think it is fair to "hate" it without seeing it.

Agreed. I'll be seeing them tomorrow in Madison - I will never "hate" but will approach it with a strong desire to like the show, and take it from there. If not, there's always Barbie's chocolate chip cookies, and maybe I'll bump in to Granny with her faux "oxygen tank."

Yeah this is exactly what we need. Someone who's all for narration and all that jazz who posts something negative on a show he has not seen yet.

Um, my post wasn't about narration, but the content.

where's the mis-statement Mike? he said drum corps is marching band. so, he was calling his corps, and every other corps out there, a marching band.

I read thru his presentation many times, and it's right there in black and white. He says, in his opinion and apparently in the minds of many others, drum corps and marching = same.

you can try your pro George political double speak making excuses for what was said all you want ( and really you should run for office...i mean this as a compliment...you could double speak any of the best) and he said they are a band.

Personally, I agree with what you said above about DC=MB...but as Michael said, that is not what George said in his presentation.

I think the most important point raised in this topic is that no one who hates the Cadets of today WANTS to hate them. I would do anything to love this year's Cadets show, but I just cannot. Being so familiar with the past 25 years of the Cadets makes this sentiment so much stronger. I'm sure many other people are in the same boat.

I'm onside. I'd love to feel the same way I felt about Cadets in 2000. Or 83-84 whenever it was they played Rocky Point Holiday. I loved them. They were exciting, talented, entertaining and fun. (MikeD is going to say they are all that and more today, I know, I know...)

But fact is, in the last few years I was attending shows I would cringe and head for the hot dog stand when Cadets came on the field.

I would love it if they gave me the reasons I need not to feel that way. With present management and staff - I don't hold out a lot of hope.

Personally, I agree with what you said above about DC=MB...but as Michael said, that is not what George said in his presentation.

But - as I'm sure you remember, it is what he said in an email to (I can't remember who it was - a DCP poster).

But - as I'm sure you remember, it is what he said in an email to (I can't remember who it was - a DCP poster).

Actually I don't recall that, but it's possible. It's not what he said in the presentation Jeff is referring too, as Michael said.