2008 Cadets show

When you say that an adult can't make a rational decision based on history, and some vidclip watching, you are being condescending, and saying we aren't smart enough to make a grownup decision like knowing what a good drum corps show is...

Uhh, no. That's just they way you are taking it. If you feel you aren't smart enough to make a grownup decision, then that's your sensitivity talking. Don't put words in my mouth.

Edited by 2000Cadet

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. If the majority of the corps at the show were incorporating narration. But we have people who won't go because of ONE corps. Countless threads over ONE corps.

Just shocks me to think that people would forego watching an activity they proclaim to hold so dear because of a single corps.

Kinda' gives the Cadets and Hopkins more credit than they're worth IMO.

I never stated I would not go to see another corps or show. Actually, just the opposite. I do consider ticket money for a YEA show supporting the Cadets.

you've never seen or talked to Che Guevara...Pol Pot...Adolf Hitler...Fidel Castro...how do you judge them? If you pre-judge them without having seen or talked to them, it's not fair.

Seriously? :lookaround:

I don't see many people calling everything they do innovative. Maybe you should give up your crusade in making sure everyone knows The Cadets suck (your words, not mine). They no longer appeal to you. Honestly, as much hype as the Scouts have gotten this preseason, I saw their show online the other day and it was a yawner for me. I understand not everyone will share my feelings there, and let's face it, many will cheer for them simply because of who they are, but in the end, it is just my opinion. The big difference is, I don't see any Cadets fans in the Madison threads talking about how much they suck. It's not always about you.

Cadets fans going onto the Madison Scouts thread to tell them how much they suck, would be akin to New York Yankees fans going onto the Seattle Mariners baseball website to tell them how much they think their team sucks.

What would be the point of that ?

Edited by BRASSO

I never stated I would not go to see another corps or show. Actually, just the opposite. I do consider ticket money for a YEA show supporting the Cadets.

I never said you did. Others in this thread however, seem to take that line of thinking. As if getting a hot dog during the Cadets' show just doesn't cut it anymore.

Cadets fans going onto the Madison Scouts thread to tell them how much they suck, would be akin to New York Yankees fans going onto the Texas Rangers baseball website to tell them that their team sucks.

What would be the point of that ?

What if I was a scouts fan in the 90's, but hated their current direction... :lookaround:

Uhh, no. That's just they way you are taking it. If you feel you aren't smart enough to make a grownup decision, then that's your sensitivity talking. Don't put words in my mouth.

that might be the way I'm taking it, but I'm taking it the way it sounds...I know I'm smart enough to make a decision based on history and watching a vidclip, along with disseminating other's reviews.

But like I've said before, there are some who choose to prejudge something they have not seen and I don't think it's fair.

either we can or can't prejudge something and make a logical decision...I say we can...you say we can't...I know I don't want to invite Kim Jong-Il over for beers and bbq...maybe I'm being unfair.

Sure. If the majority of the corps at the show were incorporating narration. But we have people who won't go because of ONE corps. Countless threads over ONE corps.

Just shocks me to think that people would forego watching an activity they proclaim to hold so dear because of a single corps.

Kinda' gives the Cadets and Hopkins more credit than they're worth IMO.

I think the #of people who walk out on the Cadets to go to the consession stand is less than people think.

If you pay attention to the threads, you'll notice that the same people who say that they don't watch the Cadets and go grab a hotdog during their show are the same people that review the Cadets show and complain about what aspects of the show they don't like.

Now I'm no rocket scientist, but people can't be in two places at once. My guess is that they use the "hot dog consession" story to back up their anti-cadets and anti-narration ideals - but in reality, they are in the stands watching the show and then commenting on it later on DCP.

I think the #of people who walk out on the Cadets to go to the consession stand is less than people think.

If you pay attention to the threads, you'll notice that the same people who say that they don't watch the Cadets and go grab a hotdog during their show are the same people that review the Cadets show and complain about what aspects of the show they don't like.

Now I'm no rocket scientist, but people can't be in two places at once. My guess is that they use the "hot dog consession" story to back up their anti-cadets and anti-narration ideals - but in reality, they are in the stands watching the show and then commenting on it later on DCP.

or...since it's early in the year, maybe they are honestly trying to digest the show...to give it a chance. When they attend shows later in the year, the concession stand may be fuller.

or it could be like you said...some hate to hate...some just like to stir the pot.

In all the shows I went to last year (including dci east and finals) I saw one person leave their seats who actually cited the cadets as the reason. Im sure others left, but i wont guess their motives without knowing, since that wouldnt be fair, and we dont want unfair stats on DCP...