Narration hypocrites

I get what you say. You don't like the show. That is completely OK. It is people who hate the show, because it has narration. They then state, I hate narration and it has nothing to do with drum corps, but Bluecoats narration is tolerable. It is NOT needed. It is not tolerable, it is annoying. No different than the Cadets. I GET their narration. I don't enjoy it, but then again I don't enjoy the Bluecoat narrative either. I don't see three thousand Bluecoats threads that include the wishing of cancer on anyone. I don't see threads devoted to belittling a Bluecoat show, because it has narration in it. I don't see polls designed to show how horrible the Bluecoat show is. I just want people to be honest, instead of just being mean. I stand by the idea that people WANTED to HATE the Cadets. People who haven't even seen them are replying with hate. Does anyone really believe that a Cadet show without narration is the cureall? Everybody will be happy? Everybody wished Star away, maybe if you all just wish a little harder???? :thumbup: I will step down now.

If you can't see the difference between the Cadets narration of last year and Bluecoats/Crown narration of last year, then anything anyone says in this topic is going to be wrong.

If you can't see the difference between a few lines that highlight an upcoming musical passage or silent guard work, and trite, sophomoric emo narration spewed forth covering up and entire horn line.....

if you can't see the difference between a show that is based on narration, that has musical accents, and a show that is based on music, that has narration accents...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marching-band.jpg

P_6529.jpeg

Do you see a difference? I certainly don't.

fair7.jpg

Well, I certainly don't find ANYTHING funny about that. As a person who's father narrowly escaped death FROM cancer, I'd like to say people should think before talking out of their #####.

Well, I certainly don't wish anyone to have cancer. However, I don't appreciate this fictitious woman, played by someone who has (most likely) never had cancer, never been married, let alone had kids or been divorced, or worked a career job tell me how these things lead to one's appreciation of life. At least last year's narration came from people portraying something I could believe they were experiencing. but this whole thing is bogus. It is also a shame as the design of this show diminishes the efforts of 148 hard working, talented performers. That, to me, is what makes the design a poor design.

It is also a shame as the design of this show diminishes the efforts of 148 hard working, talented performers. That, to me, is what makes the design a poor design.

make no mistake, it's 150 hard working, talented performers.

just because two of them got stuck being the djs doesn't mean they're any worse on their instruments.

make no mistake, it's 150 hard working, talented performers.

just because two of them got stuck being the djs doesn't mean they're any worse on their instruments.

You are right. I should have said "the other 148 hard working members. I am sure the two speakers work just as hard.

You are right. I should have said "the other 148 hard working members. I am sure the two speakers work just as hard.

not to say that speaking is hard, i'm just trying to say that the narrators are just as good at their instruments as the people who aren't speaking.

... at least, they better be, because if those are supposed to be professional actors or something... :thumbup:

Apple.

So the wisher of death finally logs in. Are you hoping that I die of prostate cancer? You know I knew people who marched Garfield, so I am sure you need me to die a violent death, right? Anything brilliant left to say.