P. Crest

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

please tll me he's not serious......

Yeah...big day for PC! I don't think many people had them in their projections as being a contender for Finals. Maybe they will be this year's sleeper corps. It will be interesting to see if they can keep their scores up as the season continues and when they start competing with more corps. They have a more 'full' schedule compared to last year....this may really help them out in the long run.

I would also be interested to hear some more reviews of their show.

Yeah...big day for PC! I don't think many people had them in their projections as being a contender for Finals. Maybe they will be this year's sleeper corps. It will be interesting to see if they can keep their scores up as the season continues and when they start competing with more corps. They have a more 'full' schedule compared to last year....this may really help them out in the long run.

I would also be interested to hear some more reviews of their show.

I've never actually seen PC perform live - I'm glad they are going to San Antonio this year. They aren't using amplified voice again this year are they?

Edited by BigSnareline

A friend who I taught tenors in high school is marching PC this summer. He's 19 or 20 and has great hands, so when he told me that he was marching there, I kept wondering why he didn't go for a higher caliber corps, like Vanguard. He's trying to ease into it, they had a last minute spot, and it's not a full-time commitment. Anyway, I figure it's good experience for him, either way, but from what I've seen of PC in the past, I didn't think much of it.

I just want to say again that I was very impressed by their show on Saturday. It's very well designed and has great music. Both my fiance and I thought they were a definite notch above Academy. Honestly, that wasn't what I was expecting, at all. I was pleasantly surprised.

I just want people to know that they had a legit performance to back up those numbers.

Has anyone seen Pacific Crest this year? Anyone got any info on the show, they had a big win vs. Academy!

Again - after hearing everyone hype Academy, I was really excited to see them, but they were a disaster. PC really impressed me, I think you guys are going to be surprised.

A friend who I taught tenors in high school is marching PC this summer. He's 19 or 20 and has great hands, so when he told me that he was marching there, I kept wondering why he didn't go for a higher caliber corps, like Vanguard. He's trying to ease into it, they had a last minute spot, and it's not a full-time commitment. Anyway, I figure it's good experience for him, either way, but from what I've seen of PC in the past, I didn't think much of it.

I just want to say again that I was very impressed by their show on Saturday. It's very well designed and has great music. Both my fiance and I thought they were a definite notch above Academy. Honestly, that wasn't what I was expecting, at all. I was pleasantly surprised.

I just want people to know that they had a legit performance to back up those numbers.

Soooo, I guess thats a no, from you? I have a question, just looking for an answer you a##h###!!!!!!

Ok, chill.

To answer your actual question, I saw the video of PC's performance from Walnut and was impressed with what they did, especially after thinking they had made a mistake with their programming this season.

Ya it's too bad Academy has been "overhyped" based on last year's run. It is still early season though - anything can happen.

Mind you PC, Esperenza, and Academy all were over-hyped when they moved into Div 1. They are all great corps mind you - but so many people had them pegged in the top 12 from day 1 (and would share this openly on DCP).

No need for the competitive pressure and expectations - I'm just glad we have some "new" World class corps from the west.