184 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on July 5th

• Colts
    • Blue Stars

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This WILL be interesting at the next meeting, and I say Blue Stars for the following reasons. They have steadily gained on Colts in each of the meetings thus far, 1 point behind at their last meeting in Dubuque. After that, as Colts received more exposure to other corps in the same point range, they lost to both Glassmen and Spirit. Blue Stars tied Glassmen and has beaten Spirit twice since then.

Edited by BozzlyB

This was a tough one. I voted Colts, but I'm not totally sold on it. I loved the color additions Blue Stars made to their "teams" in the colorguard for the Madison show. Really made a huge difference. And they're playing very well right now.

Crap. Now that I think about it, I think I want to change my vote to Blue Stars.

Ive had a hard time wrapping my head around this one too.. i know what i'm hoping for, i guess we'll see. The colts have a lot of time off with not being at the madison show (what was up with that, its in their backyard?), that could help them.

Last year on tour we were in shows with both many nights and I grew to love both shows. I also gave the edge to Colts last year because I am a sucker for a good show tune (big shock from a gay DCI fan) If they have one in this year I might go with the Colts again.

One thing I would assume this year is Blue Stars are hungry!! Hungry to make finals and make a statement.

I am VERY impressed with the Blue Stars this year! I usually tend to forget about them, but with the statement they're making, its hard not to notice them. I am in LOVE with the music! The visual for them could always be better however. We'll see, but for now my vote is for the Blue Stars.

July 5th is also the day we get back the full panel of judges so it should be interesting to see where scores go with brass and guard being scored for the first time.

Until Blue Stars manage to beat the Colts (or BK), I have to go with Colts