CLIFTON/PISCATAWAY LOUNGE

They have some really great impact points, especially this one hit in the ballad where it was nothing but pure volume, and the release was PERFECT!

That was a nice moment and it got a nice reaction from the audience. It's one of those things that makes you wish the audience wasn't then distracted away from the corps.

Edited by barigirl78

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a nice moment and it got a nice reaction from the audience. It's one of those things that makes you wish the audience wasn't then distracted away from the corps.

Distracted away from the corps? I don't understand. Not flaming or anything, I just truly don't understand what you mean.

As for that brass moment, I think I almost exploded when they nailed that release. A truly typical Cadet ballad. :tongue:

Distracted away from the corps? I don't understand. Not flaming or anything, I just truly don't understand what you mean.

As for that brass moment, I think I almost exploded when they nailed that release. A truly typical Cadet ballad. :tongue:

Just curious to what your take on Boston was...

hype or truth?

Taquann,

Did you take a picture of the crowd??? Despite all the rain, that placed had a lot of people there!

Just curious to what your take on Boston was...

hype or truth?

Boston was AWESOME!

I have never been a fan of BAC because of the way that they were to the Crossmen in 2000 and 2001 when my brother marched. This year though, they are undeniable. I hope that the judging community feels the same way later in the season.

crown came to play. they had the best performance of the night. the show is cute, but not particularly memorable. i'm not sure that it is a top-tier program, but then again DCP consistently bats me around for thinking the same thing about 2007's show. so -- take it with a dump truck full of salt.

Hold the salt where I'm concerned.

I think the problem Crown will have this year is finding a proper and dramatic pace for this year's show. One of the best element's of last year's show was an ebb and flow that gave the show the sort of drama that's been missing from recent drum corps programming. This year's show, with so many changing musical themes, feels almost aimless.

I think they do a great job. The show looks and sounds good. But the book has so many changes, I kept feeling jerked around rather than danced around.

HH

Did you take a picture of the crowd??? Despite all the rain, that placed had a lot of people there!

I was impressed by the crowd. Didn't try to estimate the count, but it felt as big as other years in that venue. And that despite lots of rain preceding the show (none during).

HH