July 5th Show Results

Great job by the Rochester show staff. White Sabers better than last year, good improvement by Cru. Brigs fighting but still an interesting concept as always..

Statesmen looked to be having fun on their 25year, great to see Boots, Ace, DA in line again.

And what can you say then there's ths Cabs.

Thanks MR Buell and your staff for a wonderful evening.

Lets all enjoy the coffee and not over analyze forever.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're just a little baby in 1972...everything is LOUD! LOL

The '72 Cabs' final fanfare in the closer, standing on the end line, is as loud as anything I've ever heard, except maybe Sky's exit line fanfare in the same year. Wonder what it'd be like if they weren't standing on the end line.

The '72 Cabs' final fanfare in the closer, standing on the end line, is as loud as anything I've ever heard, except maybe Sky's exit line fanfare in the same year. Wonder what it'd be like if they weren't standing on the end line.

HAHA ... listen to their Alumni Corps to get an idea!!!

:-)

Or The Prayer . . . 2003 I think? And L.A. Is My Lady

Duh! CHERRY PINK! Everybody only thinks it's Spanish!

But speaking of the 1970s ... one thing I have noticed is that every year the fans are another year older. But that's not the case with the majority of marching members. There's a side of me that believes that if you don't ever give those new guys their chance to play Malaguena, or Flamenco Cha Cha, or whatever those translate to in any other corps, they're never going to "get it." Innovation is great; winning is heavenly, but tradition is priceless. You can’t leave it for the alumni…you have to live it.

HAHA ... listen to their Alumni Corps to get an idea!!!

:-)

Thanks. I stood next to those guys on retreat in Toms River, NJ, in 2000. And that was priceless!

But speaking of the 1970s ... one thing I have noticed is that every year the fans are another year older. But that's not the case with the majority of marching members. There's a side of me that believes that if you don't ever give those new guys their chance to play Malaguena, or Flamenco Cha Cha, or whatever those translate to in any other corps, they're never going to "get it." Innovation is great; winning is heavenly, but tradition is priceless. You can’t leave it for the alumni…you have to live it.

I love me some Linda Doty.

Amen girl!

The most famous recording was Perez Prado's, the "King of the Mambo", that's why people relate to it as a Spanish song.

We play the Prado chart in the jazz/swing band I play in, the lead part is pretty high for a 1950's arrangement.

Cabs did it great!!!!!!

Everyone is going to find what they think is a rip off of another show in someone elses show, even in winterguard....ppl saying oh they did this show in such and such a year and so and so is copying them.....etc...........Same goes for drum corps....however, if u want to truly note it, Cabs IS the Spanish Drum corps and they played Spanish Fantasy in 1996 before Brigs played it in 2002. Its all going to go round and round let's all just enjoy the music and stop with the little trivial stuff. Each corps has their own interpretation of the music...as each winterguard has theirs, its going to continue whether people like it or not...why not sit back and enjoy it. :unhappy:

BTW-Brigs played it in 1993..............LOL