July 5th Show Results

There is only so much latin then it becomes old, used and stale.

I understand that is your opinion. For me, being a Cabs fan since 1960, I am NEVER dissappointed.

Latin is who they are. Only wish I could hear their show on "G" horns. Having said that......I had the show a toss-up between Cabs and Empire.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so hard to be a brass player. I have the problem of..."should I play my Bb or my C......hmmm it might sound nice with my Ab piccolo too...ooooh my Eb may be nice too." It's all good whatever key it's in.

I understand that is your opinion. For me, being a Cabs fan since 1960, I am NEVER dissappointed.

Latin is who they are. Only wish I could hear their show on "G" horns. Having said that......I had the show a toss-up between Cabs and Empire.

Edited by KeithHall

Some people just don't understand that is not a direct attack at Cabs, Brigs or hell, even Grenadiers for playing latin this year. I'm glad you do Gene!

Some people just don't understand that is not a direct attack at Cabs, Brigs or hell, even Grenadiers for playing latin this year. I'm glad you do Gene!

Absolutley Adam. I don't think you'll find a "Corps' Sanctioned Opinion" anywhere on any of these posts. All should be read as strictly the viewpoint of the individual contributor. I took my Flame -proof suit off a long time ago. :laughing:

As entertaining as the show was in Rochester last night... I was disappointed that the music from the Cabs was so similar to the Brigs book from last year - even the on field warmup.

I'm shocked!! The Caballeros stole the idea of a Latin type show from the Brigadiers.........imagine........ :laughing:

Sorry me and my sarcastic mouth better take a walk now.........

Any corps that plays Latin music is clearly ripping off the 1946 Caballeros. They did it first - we're all just copy cats.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

Hey - I am referring to the title and concept of the show, not the selection of Spanish Fantasy.

They have played that before, are playing it now and probably will play it again at the 2046 Drums Along The Galaxy show!

But if Christine and Genevieve liked the show - that's good enough of a review for me! Can't wait to see it!

Nah, it was the 1936 Archer Epler Junior Bugle and Drum Corps. Cab's stole spanish and costumes from the California Dons

Joe

(no, not your brother Joe, but the other Joe)

Any corps that plays Latin music is clearly ripping off the 1946 Caballeros. They did it first - we're all just copy cats.

as a former member of the Caballeros heres the show I wanna do .. Just to get a Laugh .. this is for humor only!

All Cabs non Spanish Hits:

Including:

Yankee Doodle

America the beautiful

See you in September

Strangers in the night

Sabre Dance

Soul Train (yup)

MacArthur Park

Pagliachi

Night on Bald Mountain

1812 Overature

When She Loved me

and of course! Passage to the Pyramids!!!

Now thats one heck of a Show! HAHAHAHAH!!! again this all in Jest!!!! Since someone threw out how old latin is getting!

:-)

Smile people the season is still young!

the spanish theme is fine. that's who the cab's are. my problem is that thaey keep using the same songs over and over. with all the spanish music out there it would be nice to see them use new music. at least in 1970 they did just that. most of the show was new music. the rumps are fine. it's the rest that needs changing.