July 5th Show Results

What is it worth?

Here's another thought, how about writing the powers that be and apply for a job as a judge for next year........until then, it doesn't matter "For what its worth, I thought"...............

You smell fish, I taste bitterness.........tomato, potato call it dinner...........

he's a good freind of mine and i know how he is. he worked with empire a couple years ago and he is very loyal. he was like that when he was with cru. he's not really bitter. maybe a little unrealistic at times. he means no harm. deep down kevin has a big heart. i will say that he can be not politically correct at times but then so am i. BTW he'll never see your post.........he's never on dcp.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall correctly, our penalty was for a back sideline infraction.

On another note - welcome Sun Devils to DCA! It was a pleasure sharing a housing site with you guys on Friday.

Also, I can speak for the entire Bucs pit when I say we had a blast doing a stretch circle with the Hurcs pit last night. You guys sound great. :tongue:

Rumor confirmed!!! CABS WIN!

Caballeros 76.425 (0.6)

Empire Statesmen 76.063 (0.9)

Brigadiers 70.363 (2.4)

Crusaders 69.438 (0.6)

White Sabers 60.575

Go Cabs ! I hope you all had an absolute BLAST last night - I loved playing in that stadium back in my day !

See yas all in Clifton :tongue:

actually, I have it at Shen 55.613 with 1.6 in penalties

will have to confirm that

Oops! My bad. It was really late when I posted! :tongue:

Rochester Show, July 5th:

White Sabers have a well constructed show. Need to clean individual marching and the trumpet section needs work. Mellophones and lower brass carry the music program. Nice to see a larger percussion section this year. As with all the corps, can't wait to see them Labor Day.

Crusaders do not have the huge guard of 2007, but the guard still performs well and appear to be enjoying what they are doing. Brass does not have the power of last year, but has command of their book. At times seems quite polished. Drum line commands the field during their drum solo. With some cleaning and adding more dynamics to their brass, will be an entertaining show.

I like the Cab's show better this year and nice to see the guard changed their uniforms (from the Star Wars look). Can be a top rated show with some cleaning. Noticed brass players not dressing their forms and some bumping into each other. Tubas over-blew in a couple of spots. The guard is mature and reminds me of the Cadets of Bergen County at times. They will be a contender this year.

Syracuse Brigs once again have a well constructed show. The Brass seemed to have a few jitters for their first show. Once again, their guard is in top form, even with a few drops. I expected to see the Brigs with another Blue Devils show this year, but it did not happen. Visually they had a nice show and can't wait to see them later in the year.

The Empire Statesmen once again proved to be one of the most entertaining corps, junior or all-aged. They have a much better visual package this year. Percussion took second place to Cabs, but Empire was very close. Although the Cabs also took high brass, makes me wonder if the judges are afraid to award Empire high brass because they are using G-horns and too many "experts" think that you must have B-flat? The Statesmen will find themselves in the top corps at the end of the year, but they need to tighten-up their visuals, coordinate their music program a bit tighter and get the clean-up done with their guard soon instead of at a gradual climb through-out the season like last year. Although their guard has some high-spots, the low-spots are too many. I found that the short flag poles did not work from the stands or they need to change the type of work they are doing with them. Still Empire Statesmen will be the entertainers of the year. David Bruni also won best drum major. He was heads and shoulders over most of the drum majors who sometimes looked like they were just going through the motion. Good Luck this year Empire.

The Statesmen and Statesmen's Alumni rocked the house before the finale. I for once loved being entertained by my former corps while sitting in the audience! Wow, what a sound. :tongue:

now there is going to be a battle for 7-10th place. and look who's in the lead in 7th right now.......cru.

relatively speaking, of course. I am more intrigued with MCL right now.

it truly is going to be interesting at prelims.