The Mile High Club

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry the Scouts color guard is rough but they should not be placed below Troopers and Mandarins. That is just wrong.

They absolutely should. They are pretty bad and the other two perform at a higher level. Sure Madison is bigger..... but they are really rough and the work is not very musical. The guard judge is a big time judge too. You will see her finals week for sure....

Drums

PR. 17.10 1st

BD 17.102nd

Cavies 17.05 3rd

At least the drums scores where more in line. Phantom 08 High Drums!!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, that's a tie for first (BD/PR) with Cavies .05 behind.

Cavies a scoring much better in drums compared to last year. Could be a deciding factor down the stretch.

Anyone know which drum judge (1 or 2) judges the pit, and which the battery?

I know the color guard judge. She lives a town over from me. In liberal Mass (thank God). I still think Scouts guard is better than Mandarins and Troopers and I marched guard for a zillon (sp) years. It has nothing to do with the size either. I am not a size queen.

Now I got to get to the clubs before the sun sets.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's a tie for first (BD/PR) with Cavies .05 behind.

Cavies a scoring much better in drums compared to last year. Could be a deciding factor down the stretch.

Anyone know which drum judge (1 or 2) judges the pit, and which the battery?

That is the placing per DCI.

Can someone tell me how in the hell Regiment placed 4th in Visual GE and Visual Ensemble?

Music GE Scores are where they should be (my opinion)...

Dev's win Visual, though I think Cavi's should have had them there.

GE

Cavi's

BD

PR

SCV

Visual

BD

Cavi's

PR

SCV

Drums

PR 17.1

BD 17.1

Cavi's 17.05

SCV 16.6

Horns

BD 17.3

Cavi's 17.2

PR 17.0

SCV 16.4

Guard

BD 18.1

Cavi's 17.7

PR 17.4

SCV 16.7

I'm watching the replays and there's some FUNKY stuff going on with the SCV recording... haha... pretty funny to see in intermittent fast-forward....

Same with PR.

BK got a generous score tonight.

SCV better fix the ending

PR > Cavies

I'm fine with BD winning.

The Blue Devils have the full package of visual, demand, innovation, creativity, balance and appropriate volume and control in the brass section, and an outstanding guard and percussion section. Even their front battery is superior.

I thought BD had some issues tonite with pacing, distance between marchers, etc in their drill execution. But they have changed the latter portion of their drill from 2 weeks ago it seems to me. Once they clean up some drill execution issues, they should win going away, and as the repeat champion. I was VERY impressed. They make subtle but difficult moves look easy when executed. That's the sign of a champion. I was very impressed with BD tonite,( albeit from a computer screen)

Edited by BRASSO