The Mile High Club

Phantom: This show is dirty dirty dirty right now (visually speaking particularly), but they were playing more while moving than anyone else on the field tonight, as far as I can tell. They sell their show pretty hard, too. Keep cleaning, Phantom!

k, sleep time. Maybe I'll post a full review tomorrow in the Reviews section.

wtf? seriously?

it's not THAT bad. ####.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always has...always will.

#### the establishment.

We still have the show this year - 1st place or 12th place. It's a special year and all that matters is what the kids are putting on the field. I love this show, it's killer and that's all that matters.

Cheers to Cavs and BD tonight. (and Crown!)

Appears to me that Blue Devils win 2 in a row. I'm not a fan of theirs, but they will win.

sorry - I don't see it. I know that they are currently on top of the scores, but I don't see their's as a championship show. I'm sorry, I don't. It may happen, but I have serious doubts.

wtf? seriously?

it's not THAT bad. ####.

wow, I didn't mean for it to be taken that way. I'm just saying that from where I was sitting there's lots more work to do. (which is a good thing because the show is such a nice vehicle for this corps and I want to see them sitting pretty high at finals, so they have lots of room for points growth)

Sorry if I offended.

That makes sense. Mandarins guard is not bad and the scouts guard..... is

You dont seem to comment much except to dog Madison.

You dont seem to comment much except to dog Madison.

I like madison just fine... that is why I marched there

Based on what I have seen, SCV will beat Bluecoats.

SCV will be higher than 6th.

Some people really boil my blood!

A+B=C; except when B is opposite and every other number.........

One show head to head determines that BD will win.

Corps X could put an absolutely amazing closer (visually and musically) on the field and wipe the floor with everyone else....

So... it's too close too call, and too soon!

I love it when people emphatically state a position, and ARE COMPLETELY WRONG, that's all.

:thumbup:

I was at the show tonight, and I've noticed a lot of people who were watching the webcast are a bit annoyed by the spread between Cavies and BD. I was sitting high in the lower level at the 40 yard line. Let me tell you what I think the difference is:

BD is simply out-performing everyone else right now. This show - absurd as it is - is being sold HARD by the members on the field. I honestly didn't think I'd like it... and I actually did like it some because they are really working it. But I think I would tire of it after a couple more viewings.

Other quick observations about Cavies, Phantom and SCV:

SCV - hard show to absorb on a first read, which this was for me. I really enjoyed the groove in the middle of the show, and while I was sitting there enjoying it I was thinking "this show doesn't give me many places to connect with the show or this corps." So, I'm not sure what's going on with SCV. I think the GE is lacking, and yes the closer... you've heard it from others.

Cavies: lots and lots of dirt in places, and I think they aren't quite selling it as hard as BD is yet because of that. At the end of the show I couldn't help but think that the hornline is not playing much. Sure, there's AMAZING visual stuff happening, but half of it is without horns in their hands, and the other half with horns in their hands is mostly sans playing. So, should a show like that win at finals? I don't know. (and they aren't the only one's guilty of this little gimmick. It's EVERYWHERE!)

Phantom: This show is dirty dirty dirty right now (visually speaking particularly), but they were playing more while moving than anyone else on the field tonight, as far as I can tell. They sell their show pretty hard, too. Keep cleaning, Phantom!

k, sleep time. Maybe I'll post a full review tomorrow in the Reviews section.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I figured it was just me who was out on a limb with regards to Cavies horns.

Agreed, their drill is great, but I just don't get how they are outscoring others in the brass caption. Granted, they play beautifully in tune (which in itself requires technique and control), but technically they just seem to play safe all the time. Their brass book is just...dull! I appreciate this is just one opinion and I am in no way meaning to be disrespectful to the Cavies hornline. They are undoubtedly talented. I just don't see them in the top 6 with regards to brass, but then again, what do I know...?