The Mile High Club

So why would Regiment's visual be 4th? Because their drill isn't as complex as the three corps above it?

Good question!!!! You can only give the book so much credit because the sub captions aren't pure. While I appreciate WHAT SCV is trying to do, the HOW side of the equation leaves much to be desired. Plus, I don't think PR's drill is all that much off the pace. They're not exactly standing around chewing gum.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question!!!! You can only give the book so much credit because the sub captions aren't pure. While I appreciate WHAT SCV is trying to do, the HOW side of the equation leaves much to be desired. Plus, I don't think PR's drill is all that much off the pace. They're not exactly standing around chewing gum.

Some of these captions are far too subjective. We need to replace the judges with robots!

Edited by LincolnV

Sigh.

It's honestly getting to the point where I have no use for DCI judging anymore.

Still...it's a long way to the finish line yet.

it seemed as if there was a lot of new names on the scoresheet tonight...maybe it was their first viewing??

Season Five starts Wednesday and I can't say "Hot Tranny Mess" anymore.

i've been using FIERCE for so long it's become an old habit. i miss Christian!!

Phantom's score has budged from the 84.xx level for 5 days now. I hope they haven't peaked too soon.

scv hasn't changed either. they're just sitting around. stagnating. it SUCKS ####! and not in the way u'd want it. this may go back to what i said about new judges on the sheet and first viewings. i don't think they've peaked at all...not even close. i hope things get turned around about...NOW! being first after the break doesn't help either...considering the judges usually reserve points until the end.

it seemed as if there was a lot of new names on the scoresheet tonight...maybe it was their first viewing??

The judging panel was certainly not new to judging the activity. Or did you mean new to the 2008 shows? I'm pretty sure I recall about half those judges from previous shows this season.

The guard judge was Curtis Costanza........how do either of you get a "she" out of that?? In fact, the whole panel was men except for the Ensemble Music judge.

Watching all three groups, I'd have to agree that the outcome was correct.

Now.....what is with the Blue Knights being in the "0" place in so many captions on the recap?? It screws up the ordinals all the way down!! :thumbup:

Because the sheets for the show a week ago said the guard judge was Debbie Torshia and because they announced her as on the panel tonight

Looking at those recaps, I think it's pretty clear what "SUTA" stands for after tonight :thumbup:

I was at the show tonight, and I've noticed a lot of people who were watching the webcast are a bit annoyed by the spread between Cavies and BD. I was sitting high in the lower level at the 40 yard line. Let me tell you what I think the difference is:

BD is simply out-performing everyone else right now. This show - absurd as it is - is being sold HARD by the members on the field. I honestly didn't think I'd like it... and I actually did like it some because they are really working it. But I think I would tire of it after a couple more viewings.

Other quick observations about Cavies, Phantom and SCV:

SCV - hard show to absorb on a first read, which this was for me. I really enjoyed the groove in the middle of the show, and while I was sitting there enjoying it I was thinking "this show doesn't give me many places to connect with the show or this corps." So, I'm not sure what's going on with SCV. I think the GE is lacking, and yes the closer... you've heard it from others.

Cavies: lots and lots of dirt in places, and I think they aren't quite selling it as hard as BD is yet because of that. At the end of the show I couldn't help but think that the hornline is not playing much. Sure, there's AMAZING visual stuff happening, but half of it is without horns in their hands, and the other half with horns in their hands is mostly sans playing. So, should a show like that win at finals? I don't know. (and they aren't the only one's guilty of this little gimmick. It's EVERYWHERE!)

Phantom: This show is dirty dirty dirty right now (visually speaking particularly), but they were playing more while moving than anyone else on the field tonight, as far as I can tell. They sell their show pretty hard, too. Keep cleaning, Phantom!

k, sleep time. Maybe I'll post a full review tomorrow in the Reviews section.