CROWN BEAT CADETS!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now CCrown gets to go on LAST at San Antonio this Saturday!!!!

I've thought the last couple years CC was wayyy under-rated. Triple Crown is probably my favorite show of all time, and I thought having it place 6th at finals last year was ridiculous. =0 but massive kudos to everyone in the organization for all the hard work and perseverance, and for putting on one helluva show again this year. From the start of the season I've been hoping they'd manage to make top 4, and it looks like that just might happen... They're moving on up! :thumbup:

*knocks on wood*

GO CROWN!

I thought that Crown got ROBBED in '06. What a great drum corps - they didn't get credit for how well they were performing, in my opinion. What a shame.

They seem to be getting the credit they deserve now - good for them! They are a fantastic drum corps.

I was looking over the caption scores just now and a question popped into my head.

When talking about GE, How does one generate more GE than a show about ENDINGS? Usually the end of the show is about GE, well, this makes Crown's show 100% fueled with GE all over the place. Now that they're getting the hang of things they could do extremely well this year....

so...

...how to beat Crown in GE? Any takers?

GE isn't all about the big, loud, fast moments. It's also about overall design and flow. I have not seen Crown, but if your entire show was all out traditional drum corps style endings, it would be out of balance, and therefore lack in GE. Proper dynamics and show pacing are also an element of GE. As with any art form, it's all about contrast and exploring the entire gamut.

YEAH!!!!! CAROLINA CROWN!!

It's about time -- you deserve, deserve, deserve it!!

You've had FANTASTIC shows since Bohemia - Angelus - in.trance.it - Triple Crown!!!!!

Great corps!!!!!!!!!

True, and I loved Bellissimo as well! WTG CROWN!! :thumbup:

GE isn't all about the big, loud, fast moments. It's also about overall design and flow. I have not seen Crown, but if your entire show was all out traditional drum corps style endings, it would be out of balance, and therefore lack in GE. Proper dynamics and show pacing are also an element of GE. As with any art form, it's all about contrast and exploring the entire gamut.

Tell that to Blue Devils. If you havent seen Crowns show you just woudlnt understand. I dont know how, but somehow they managed to make this show flow VERY well and there are Dynamics O Plenty. Crown is the king of contrast the last few years. The judges like them as well. FINALY.

Go Crown! Take NO PRISONERS!

Didnt YEA used to = crown :thumbup:

But Crown did does play a good BEST OF CADETS ??? 85 1st place Candide, 1984 first place West Side Story 1987 first place Appalachian Springs......

Congrats to Crown, I only got to view the shows posted, but they sure looked like they should have won! Great show, outstanding performance......

Edited by Cop