Ocean Springs, MS

Either way...its good to be a DCI fan in MS tonight

Yea it also helps if your a die hard Crown fan that lives 10 minutes(5 if you dont go the speed limit) away from the ocean springs stadium and have marched there before at football games.

About living in MS....it sucks....band camp starts next week and we have to march on a parking lot....which is even hotter. So we get the special tans that doesn't cost anything(saves anyone a trip to the beach or a tanning bed place).

Edited by phoenixfire

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for realizing I said let the rivalry begin...it was written in jest since there are so many people who are adamant that it was a one time thing and won't happen again. Even if Crown doesn't beat the Cadets again this year - it happened - it wasn't a fluke and it is time for them to get some recognition. I don't think anyone is overhyping Carolina Crown - it is the over sensitive types who don't want to hear that their corps may not make the top 3. In the big scheme of things - this is Drum Corps - not life or death even though it seems like it on these forums sometimes!

Geez, relax man. There aren't a lot of people on this particular thread who is saying Crown is being overhyped. And as far as Crown getting recognition, there are like three or four different threads giving them PLENTY of recognition.

We all know that Crown is good enough this year to make it into the top three so calm down.

No kidding. I had heat rash from my ankles to my nipples after spending the week there in 93.

For tonight...

Crown

Cadets

Bluecoats

in that order.

I'm gonna go ahead and make that same prediction for the Lafayette show... those guys and gals are gonna have a long day tomorrow because it is hot as hell down here (in Louisiana)

It really could go either way. I hope crown can do what the cadets have done to them in the past and hold them at bay.

I can't upload pictures to here from my iPhone, but if someone wants me to email pics to you to upload some folks might appreciate it. Let me know.

Show order, please?

Ocean Springs High School

Start time: 7:00 CDT

Crossmen 7:15

Blue Stars 7:32

Spirit 7:49

Boston Crusaders 8:06

Intermission 8:23

Bluecoats 8:43

Cadets 9:00

Carolina Crown 9:17

Contest Coordinator: Jill Moyer

Chief Judge: Andrew Poor

Brass Performance: Jeff Harper

Color Guard: Don Deems

Ensemble Music: Steve Calhoun

Ensemble Visual: Keith Baker

Music Effect: Andrew Poor

Perc. Performance: Jeff Prosperie

Visual Effect: Barry Swain

Visual Performance: Bob Thomas

Critique: Crossmen/Cadets/Crown

America the Beautiful/Encore: Bluecoats/Cadets

-------------------

Edited by BarryMorgan

Contest Coordinator: Jill Moyer

Is this the same Jill Moyer who was a Crossmen drum major years ago and who's brother is a pitcher for the Phillies?

Based on what I saw in Orlando....Crown is on an incredible roll. and they will definitly have the crowd on their side. Their ovation in Fla, was 5 times what the Cadets recieved.

They have an awesome show and perform it with such power, that any corps will have a hard time outscoring them at any particular show.