I first said it in 2000 on RAMD,

Carolina Crown will be the next new champion of DCI. No, it will not be this year, and it will not be next year, but I do predict that the year 2010 will see Carolina Crown as the DCI Champion.

When I look back and judge this corps as a whole, no by individual years. Their shows have been so entertaining, so crwod pleasing, so unique, and so diverse. I really liked every year except for the "Gods/myths" show, only because it could have been so much better.

2004 was even a great year, sans singing and poetry reading. But since 2004 ? These shows are monsters.

Their presence on the field this year, the confidence, profesionalism, poise and carriage is just amazing and titally remind me of how I felt about Garfield back in 1982, especially that night in August in Bayonne.

The attitude of these kids is also unreal, so frickin nice to talk to and engage in conversation with. They are so gracious when complimenting them and arenot rude when critical, they have a sense of humour and everyone I talked to this year so far just stopped and chatted away as if not a care in the world.

This organization is just overflowing with class and they deserve all the success they achieve.

Wow,

Geoffrey

What do you guys think ???

Edited by GMichael1230

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolina Crown will be the next new champion of DCI. No, it will not be this year, and it will not be next year, but I do predict that the year 2010 will see Carolina Crown as the DCI Champion.

When I look back and judge this corps as a whole, no by individual years. Their shows have been so entertaining, so crwod pleasing, so unique, and so diverse. I really liked every year except for the "Gods/myths" show, only because it could have been so much better.

2004 was even a great year, sans singing and poetry reading. But since 2004 ? These shows are monsters.

Their presence on the field this year, the confidence, profesionalism, poise and carriage is just amazing and titally remind me of how I felt about Garfield back in 1982, especially that night in August in Bayonne.

The attitude of these kids is also unreal, so frickin nice to talk to and engage in conversation with. They are so gracious when complimenting them and arenot rude when critical, they have a sense of humour and everyone I talked to this year so far just stopped and chatted away as if not a care in the world.

This orgamization is just overflowing with class and they deserve all the success they achieve.

Wow,

Geoffrey

I really like Crown as a corps. I think if they push the difficulty in the other sections to match the guard, they should be serious contenders for some time to come. Getting into top 3 is the first hurdle...could happen this year, but I see them clearly a 4th place corps at this point. But, they are moving up very well. I still go back to 2006 and wish that they would have had another week. That show was coming on strong and was one of my favorites for finals week.

This orgamization is just overflowing with class and they deserve all the success they achieve.

Wow,

Geoffrey

And how soon after your RAMD post did Catherine call you a "Bando"? :bluedevil:

Wow,

Geoffrey

Judging from the past two years, I could see this happening. They are constantly working their way up and producing shows that are consistently becoming Championship-caliber.

I would not be surprised, and it would be fun to see it happen. Go Crown!

I think both Crown and Bluecoats have put out some awesome shows the last few years. Both corps are finally breaking into the top 7, and are really starting to challenge even the top 3.

2 years ago I would have probably given the edge to Bluecoats, but this year the advantage definitely goes to Crown. Great show design, great performance from the corps. I think either Crown or Bluecoats will be the next new champion. Right now I would guess Crown.

I think both Crown and Bluecoats have put out some awesome shows the last few years. Both corps are finally breaking into the top 7, and are really starting to challenge even the top 3.

2 years ago I would have probably given the edge to Bluecoats, but this year the advantage definitely goes to Crown. Great show design, great performance from the corps. I think either Crown or Bluecoats will be the next new champion. Right now I would guess Crown.

See, here's where I disagree. I am not sold on the show design. In fact, it smacks of..."Well, we could do something new and inventive...or...what about doing a greatest hits from other corps?"

I think the overall show concept maybe the only thing keeping them out of top 3 this year.

Wow...now that's a controverial statement. But, hey. I stand by it.

See, here's where I disagree. I am not sold on the show design. In fact, it smacks of..."Well, we could do something new and inventive...or...what about doing a greatest hits from other corps?"

And I have to disagree with you. I am amused by the concept, and it seems more tongue-in-cheek and playful than just flat-out imitating. The concept is fun, entertaining, and familiar.

On a side note, I can see this as a VK show as well... :bluedevil: Someday.

On a side note, I can see this as a VK show as well... :bluedevil: Someday.

The idea or the music?

I think the overall show concept maybe the only thing keeping them out of top 3 this year.

Wow...now that's a controverial statement. But, hey. I stand by it.

I agree with this. I enjoyed the show a lot, mainly because of the performance quality, but I'm still not getting the "crazed conductor looking for a perfect ending" theme that they say they are portraying. Yes, the guard is dressed like crazed conductors, in a very fun manner (love the hair), but...they just did their regular guard stuff.

There was no moment that I noticed with any of them trying to conduct the corps and go from this..no This...no THIS!! or any other way of explaining the rapid shifts in music. Perhaps that will still be coming, though the ballad broke the mold more than anything, as it's mostly one piece with a little WSS thrown in. Right now, it is not very clear, in contrast to BD, Cavs, Phantom or even Cadets, who are making their concepts pretty obvious, whether you like them or not.

It's GOOD, but strikes me as falling just short of having that extra level of intellectual design built in that usually places at the top. Time will tell.