Crown will not win it All!

Someone mentioned crown winning before? As much as that would make my month of August, I don't see it happening. 2008 champs? No, but a ring will come their way eventually hopefully. Top 5? I believe that's a safer bet :ph34r: .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown hype is getting crazy! They are very popular, they are doing very well but they are not yet a championship contender

This year will come down to either BD or Cavaliers / with the possible exception of Regiment or Cadets should either of those make a late surge... My money is on BD - Crown will not beat BD in 2008

Holy crap...I go to bed, wake up and go to work...and come home to this thread....

When did Crown even enter the "Championship" discussion? I musta missed that.

I wish people would stop with all this non-sense talk. Crown's goals are simple:

1. Put on a very entertaining show.... CHECK

2. Contend for the Jim Ott Trophy..... CHECK

3. Contend for a Top 5 at Finals...... CHECK

I think they are doing the right things...but all this other talk...crazy.

When did Crown even enter the "Championship" discussion? I musta missed that.

The idea came into some people's heads after they topped Cadets 2 nights in a row.

That would be great if Cadets were currently the TOP corps...but they are not. I still don't get it.

Beating Cadets does not make one the next champ....being the champs makes one the next champ. Let's beat BD first and then we'll discuss championship possiblities.... until then.... /silly thread

Crown was 1 tenth down from Cadets in Percussion at the last show. I don't think the percussion section is weak at all. Although I also don't think Crown will win this year. Crowns percussion was a real problem 2 years ago (12th place finish). Last year and this year have been a 100% turnaround.

I have not yet seen any corps show this year due to moving to a new state and working a lot.

I am curious of the show themes and music. Where can I find out about this?

I think most drum corps fans would like to see DCI return to it's roots where a bit of showmanship, entertainment and excitement are brought back. In my opinion Crown has done that in a subtle way. For those young folks that don't know what I am talking about check out the 80-90's corps shows on DVD.

Last summer in Pasadena.... Crown was the ONLY show that created excitement and entertainment (oh and the Kingsmen Alumni Corps too)... not BD or Cadets (any of the top 4).

When is entertainment and excitement going to be put in the judging?

HOWEVER: Getting back to the Crown argument....

some of you have failed to realize, DCI politics will get in the way and Crown will be lucky to receive 3rd place.

Good luck Crown!

R.

Just by looking at the scores and all the various daily score updates with weighted scores, etc. It appears as though Crown's drumline may cost them a championship. Right now they are ranked (depending on the source) either 7th or 8th with them scoring a 16.60 last night.

Garfield won in 84 with a 7th place drumline....not saying Crown will do the same, but it HAS been done.

I see Crown contending within 5 years....getting over BD consistently is gonna be tough, and the rest of the top 5 are no slouches by finals either.

I think most drum corps fans would like to see DCI return to it's roots where a bit of showmanship, entertainment and excitement are brought back. In my opinion Crown has done that in a subtle way. For those young folks that don't know what I am talking about check out the 80-90's corps shows on DVD.

Last summer in Pasadena.... Crown was the ONLY show that created excitement and entertainment (oh and the Kingsmen Alumni Corps too)... not BD or Cadets (any of the top 4).

When is entertainment and excitement going to be put in the judging?

I thought Phantom was the most entertaining corps in the Top 12 last year. When will my excitement and entertainment be factored into the judging? Oh wait, you mean your excitement and entertainment.

That's why it will never happen.

Crown won't win. BD and The Cavaliers are too good this year. At the highest, I see them third. At the lowest, fifth. Then again, this could be a crazy year of really tight scoring (like last year), and Crown ends up 6th or 7th by like .005 or something.

Regardless of their placement, Crown has a great show this year, just like previous years. Their design is getting better, and the music is beautiful. Perhaps in the next few years, they'll break the top 2 and eventually win a title.