The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez!!! Could the Blue Stars be housed any further away? They'll have to leave the day before just to get to the the show site. :ph34r:

It's not the first time for a Div 1 to be that far out and it won't be the last. In 06, Sdub was out in Buda (2 hours away in traffic).

It's not the first time for a Div 1 to be that far out and it won't be the last. In 06, Sdub was out in Buda (2 hours away in traffic).

Some corps are sacrificing distance in order to rehearse in good stadiums with high press boxes and artificial turf. I spoke to Blue Stars corps director a few days ago and he told me that's the reason why they are going to Crystal City.

The other reason why some corps are so far outside of San Antonio is because the city school districts and athletic departments, especially San Antonio ISD, Northeast ISD and Northside ISD, are not easy to work with. Northside ISD won't allow ANY non-school related activities in their facilities.

Edited by Austin Stars

wouldn't it be a nice surprise if they streamed prelims instead of just the ondemand :)

Northside ISD won't allow ANY non-school related activities in their facilities.

The only exception is Cavaliers staying at the new John Paul Stevens High School. When you're a corps with clout like the Cavaliers, it makes it a lot easier to get into these places.

wouldn't it be a nice surprise if they streamed prelims instead of just the ondemand :)

Now that would be very nice!

Just got the laptop connected to the 50 inch plasma and the audio through the surround sound. You would be surprised how much more interesting this makes watching the fan network. I just watched most of the shows from Denver. I can't wait for tonight.

I'm off to San Antonio now. Looking forward to seeing the video that comes up on the DCI Fan Network when I get back. Looks like I'll be dropping by Blue Devils rehearsal site since it's downtown. Will have some personal video to share from that experience for sure!

Edited by Austin Stars

Just got the laptop connected to the 50 inch plasma and the audio through the surround sound. You would be surprised how much more interesting this makes watching the fan network. I just watched most of the shows from Denver. I can't wait for tonight.

:ph34r:

I think that's basically the same setup that DCI has at shows when they have the DCI booth set up and show DVD's.

Are they showing prelims or just the night show on FanNetwork?