The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

excellent earth, wind and fire medley by crown in the encore. great to see the kids really let loose and have some fun with it. wish we could see more of this kind of stuff in the shows. now they are playing christmas carols. this is nuts. i love it.

Saw them play the encore in Bristol, RI and I agree, it was quite a treat! Christmas in July is always fun. :thumbup:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Devils never bore me, they just don't WOW me the way they used to.

I feel the same way, always impressed with the shows, it's just their musical style has a tendency to be a little too "choppy" (for lack of a better term) for my tastes. I will say however that the 2000 show is a personal favorite, ranks right up there with 82, 84 and 86 as Blue Devil shows I could never get enough of, if you haven't had a chance to listen to the "State of the Art II" recording do yourself a favor and check it out, simply amazing.

Wow...that was a lot of reading this morning!

Congrats to Crown....Blue Stars...Crossmen....and Madison!!! Big nights for these corps!

The Murfreesboro line up comes from this show right? So Boston just missed it again?

Can't wait for Atlanta!!!!!!

Yes, I think you are right. Boston has just missed it again which I find unbelievable because I really think their show rocks. So be it.

Ok, after collecting my thoughts and re-watching some of the shows...

1. I don't care if the Devils, Crown or Cavies win - I love all 3 shows. Give the edge to the Devils, though. They sold the show last night.

2. Crown for some reason reminds me of the Cadets of 90's, and that is not a bad thing at all. Just my opinion.

3. I like Phantom's show, I just can't get into it like I can the other 3.

4. Spirit's drumline is for real this year.

5. It is nice to see XMen back in the top 12 (even if it is possibly just for now - we will have to wait and see.)

6. Madison is making some major strides in the last leg of the race.

7. I still don't understand or get Blue Knights show. They are playing well, but it just bores me. Maybe it will be better in person.

8. Glassmen are very entertaining!

9. I still love Boston's show. I hope they can press on up!

I am looking forward to seeing everything live next Saturday in Atlanta. It is going to be a rockin show!

Really? I think that Crown needs to fix 2 things, drumline and drill! Their drill has never done anything for me and I believe that their drill hides behind their guard and their drumline hides behind their brass.

Crown drum line - 5th last night

Crown visual - 3rd in total visual last night while 2nd in visual effect

Oh, and the guard they hide behind was 2nd overall

phantom has historically been a late bloomer. i can see them being in second if the judges stop giving hand outs to the cavies.

that aside, all i did was post past trends. this time last year people had bluecoats in second, and what happened? this time last year people had crown cracking the top four, and what happened?

it's good that you're excited, but you should be honest with yourself. but none of you crown honks are going to bother to listen to me, and when crown places 5th at the end of the year... oh, i can see the #### storm on the horizon...

Look, Phantom has a wonderful program. Their drill is going to be very tough to clean but if any corps can surge, they can.

Being honest with myself. Yeah, I think Crown is for real.

Crown drum line - 5th last night

Crown visual - 3rd in total visual last night while 2nd in visual effect

Oh, and the guard they hide behind was 2nd overall

Its amazing how perceptions change. Crown's drumline was 12th 2 years ago before they brought Lee Beddis in. Considering the company they have been in this year, I don't consider their drumline a weak spot.

I've been taught by Lee Beddis before. I can guarantee that no other drum line will work harder than them this season. They are definitely not going to slack off at all leading up to finals.

Edited by gbass598

Congratulations to the TROOPERS for coming back strong from *potential oblivion. I hope that you will never leave the scene again.

Completely LOVED the TROOPERS show! Enjoyed it from start to finish :thumbup: I can't wait to see them in Atl next Saturday.

I think we should just cancel the rest of the season and give the kids over at the Blue Devils the trophy and rings since a majority of people here have claimed a BD victory come finals. All in agreement with this notion, say I. All with half a brain say, your kidding.

YOU'RE KIDDING!!