"They're always ready!"

Actually the origins of "They're Always ready" came from my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather who was assigned to a company of 100 men during the Revolutionary War. He played in a fife and drum corps for George Washington. Gen Washington would constantly ask my ol grand pappy if the troops were ready to march to the next town, and the corps began to respond with, "They're Always Ready General Sir!"

As each great grand father passed this tradition down in my family, it eventually became "They're Always Ready." And then I joined the Troopers in 1986. I hope this clears up any confusion.

:ph34r::smile:

Beautiful!!

Post Of The Day!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum Major is Your Corps Ready?

"They're Always Ready!"

...it really is annoying that we can't come up with something more original. Anyone have any ideas? Post'em here...

Hmmm....

How about making like a Kool Aid commercial? "Ohhhh, yeeeaahhhhh!!"

Or a bit surreal and just yell "Hey, Kool Aid!"? :tongue:

"Fight the power!"? :lookaround:

Let's see..."What a rush!" could work.

For a northern corps, something along the lines of "Oof Da!"

Heck, even a "It is now!" would be a nice change.

:tongue:

My intent was merely to point out that this particular phase is a sanctioned, accepted, and expected practice amongst the BD organization and the BD family.

BUSH!

Ooops. Wrong phrase.

:thumbup:

If I am ever at a show with enough people I really want to try " No, 5 more minutes please!"

I don't think it is fair to compare "They are always ready" to " VANGUARD!" . Seriously....

It would be fun if people came up with creative stuff like, the 5 more minutes thing.

-g0at

Not when WE marched, it wasn't!! :smile::thumbup:

Glad you finally responded, Sam. I was starting to feel very old. "Bush" died while I was with the corps. I expect there are a whole lot of people here who had no idea what I was talking about.

I haven't been to a show in a while but whenever I hear someone yell "They're always ready!" I kinda cringe and then smile when I see some younger kids react and respond to it. Maybe us older guys hate it and are over it, but band kids who have never seen a show and experience all these things for the first time will eat it up.

You could say the same for some of the other sayings/screams/chants... like when BD is on "uhhhHuahhh" or however it would be spelled phonetically. And also "I'm Wet!" and the many variations. And a personal favorite that always makes me laugh is when I have seen the cavaliers at some live shows there's always someone that yells "Go Michelle" or some other girl's name. lol

it all gets old, yes... but new folks see shows every year and they don't know it like we do. :-)

I don't care about any of the pre-show shouts as long as no one feels the need to show their support for Krystal during the show. Then there will be words.....

Edited by megadrive

Glad you finally responded, Sam. I was starting to feel very old. "Bush" died while I was with the corps. I expect there are a whole lot of people here who had no idea what I was talking about.

Man...did I WANT to yell it last year...like at the end of "Free"....with the arms in the air!!

I don't care about any of the pre-show shouts as long as no one feels the need to show their support for Krystal during the show. Then there will be words.....

:smile::thumbup: