Could Crown win the Championship?

I think Crown is going to win, what do you think?

No. I really enjoy Crown. But they'll be a wide enough gap between them and BD in the Brass score alone to make this improbable, if not next to impossible. I don't see Crown beating BD in percussion this year either to make up for captions that they could make up some ground on BD. I don't see Crown beating Cavs for 2nd either.

imho.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the odds are stacked against them to the point where I would consider it impossible. This is based solely on the fact that they have never been there before. The margin for error in winning a title is so slim that the experience within the organization on a variety of levels gained from having done it before is almost certain to prevail in the end. So basically, they would probably have to be at this level for a second or third year to be able to take the . . . crown, so to speak.

No. They don't have the show for it. BD does.

I think they have a very solid chance for 3rd. But even if they finish 4th or 5th, they've proven they're for real this season. They've been very smart about building their program. If they stick to that approach, the championship will come.

Although it's a great idea about Crown winning it all, I don't see it happening this year. BD has a great show and appears to have 1st locked right now but then again, you never know what might happen.

I would be elated if crown ends up ahead of Phantom or The Cadets or both. I'm not sure they can pass Cavies this year either but I could be all wet. I didn't think they'd come in 3rd tonight either.

Based on what I saw and heard tonight, Crown can most definitely win the world title. The problem is the BD show is only gonna keep progressing and I think they will be hard to catch. I do not see Crown lower than 3rd at the end and 2nd is more likely!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I think Crown can and will take second but I don't think they quite have the formula for no1 like BD has right now.

No. Not because I don't love their show, because I do. But because another corps has 13 VERY good reasons to not be taken lightly in August.

I think if Kylie Minogue had the right marketing and promotion, she would be as big in the US as she is in Europe. Currently on tour over in the UK, the Australian superstar is performing in sold out arenas.

Oh, no. Carolina Crown will not beat the Blue Devils this year. Within the next three years, Crown will contend for the top spot.

(And Kylie will still not be a force to be reckoned with here)

Geoffrey