Could Crown win the Championship?

Not many people will deny that Crown and PR have good (superior?) music arrangements/programs.

But unfortunately, that really doesn't count as much in DCI as it used to. If you don't have an "out-of-this-world" visual program or color guard, you won't win.

It's too bad the same bias doesn't apply if you don't have an "out-of-this-world" brass/percussion program.

yes Crown does have superior music programs, but they could have possibly the best color guard on the field this year. So thats one more for the Crown.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Crown will win this year. But I also think that they can't win until they've placed at least 3rd at Finals. I just don't think it ever happens that a first time champ makes it there without first getting close. Since everyone seems intent on linking Crown to Star, let's just think of this year's Crown as the 1990 Star show. They'll get close this year and then put the final pieces together (like a championship level drum line) and then we'll be able to seriously discuss championships. Crown is just not quite there yet.

I don't think Crown will win this year. But I also think that they can't win until they've placed at least 3rd at Finals. I just don't think it ever happens that a first time champ makes it there without first getting close. Since everyone seems intent on linking Crown to Star, let's just think of this year's Crown as the 1990 Star show. They'll get close this year and then put the final pieces together (like a championship level drum line) and then we'll be able to seriously discuss championships. Crown is just not quite there yet.

After seeing this: http://www.dci.org/scores/?event=2492b7eb-...8f-cbf5eaf70109

I'd say they could have the bronze in a few weeks...

After seeing this: http://www.dci.org/scores/?event=2492b7eb-...8f-cbf5eaf70109

I'd say they could have the bronze in a few weeks...

They beat Phantom by .15.

Were they not losing to the Cadets 1 week ago by almost a point?

Lots and lots and lots can change.

Today is not August 9th.

Edited by megadrive

I'll agree with that. At this stage of the game it seems like BD would have to trip over their own shoelaces to drop a slot. It's theirs to win or lose. I think that Crown can be a top 3 contender though.

It's not over until it's over. I know many people who think another corps is going to nip BD by finals week. It's too early to call and I'm surprised that people are already calling the season. BD could very well win and are the favorites right now, but there are 3 other corps who realistically have a shot at the title.

They beat Phantom by .15.

Were they not losing to the Cadets 1 week ago by almost a point?

Lots and lots and lots can change.

Today is not August 9th.

Actually:

7/12: Crown beats Cadets by .5 in Orlando

7/15: Crown beats Cadets by .35 in Ocean Springs, MS

7/16: Cadets beat Crown by .75 in Lafayette, LA

7/17: Cadets beat Crown by 1.1 in Houston

7/19: Crown beats Cadets by 1.3 in San Antonio (also taking the 3rd spot OVER PR)

So, yes a lot CAN change... I'm excited to see what happens :tongue:

I was wondering why people think there are rules for these things? If you do x, then y will happen. Life doesn't always work like that. It's nice to be able to feel safe, but sometimes there are things that can happen and just click or blow up. I don't think that Crown will win, but they certainly could this year. I don't believe that they must be 3rd first. Some things are predictable, but this season is not one of them. I say that's great!

I was wondering why people think there are rules for these things? If you do x, then y will happen. Life doesn't always work like that. It's nice to be able to feel safe, but sometimes there are things that can happen and just click or blow up. I don't think that Crown will win, but they certainly could this year. I don't believe that they must be 3rd first. Some things are predictable, but this season is not one of them. I say that's great!

2nd'd!

I think they have already have a championship level PERCUSSION (were not just evaluating the battery here). In alot of other years, this group would be way up. This just happens to be one of the strongest percussion years in recent memory.

I agree with the percussion placements for the most part, but that doesnt mean they are a "Weakness".

Just means everyone is strong up near the top this year.

I think Crown is going to win, what do you think?

They have a great show, and a great corps, but they will not win this year. I don't think they have a 'Championship' caliber show. They have a show that I like more and more every time I see it, and it's very exciting to see them making a run at Top 3. I would love nothing more than to see Crown place in the Top 3, and I look forward to seeing how they do for the remainder of this season.