"Phantom" or "Regiment"

team?

/sarcasm

Yeah, what he said. I always thought the Rockford "team" was the Peaches.

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to hear of them as Phantom than as Regiment. Simply because there is only one Phantom on the field today, but there are several with Regiment in their name.

(And the ###### who claimed to march in the baritone section one of the years I marched was just in trouble from the get-go). :thumbup:

I love that story! ...and didn't you march "Scouts" in that convo? haha :thumbup:

...and for the record... I hate it when people refer to my corps as "Carolina". Anybody from around here knows Carolina wears sky blue and are the Tarheels. (unless you live in SC...in which case they wear crimson and are known as the Cocks!)

I'm with Nikk on this one; alumni, staff, members, and anyone particularly close to the organization generally says "Regiment," while most everyone else uses "Phantom." I know that when I marched it was specifically explained, but I've never heard of anyone getting upset over it. It is rather nice to be able to identify folks who might know folks you know...

SUTA

While watching a Fan Network clip of The Regiment, one of the members referred to the corps by name and he used the term “The Regiment”. I would never have picked up on that nuance unless this thread was here. I learneded so much from DCP. :thumbup: