Why does it take so long for DCA to put up the recap?

Anyone on here want to volunteer to do that job?

Of course that would be if DCA would let anyone else have access? They may be keeping it one person for security reasons.

Speaking of which, would anyone on here that has great webskills want to volunteer to work on the DCA site? I read somewhere that they were looking for web designer.

Therin lies the answer: Letting someone else have access!

I can truly understand that position. A lot of people having access to their Data, could have problems . Viruses Etc.

Hopefully DCA can come up with a solution, if not for 2008, then maybe 2009.

:thumbup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When doing a USSBA show, We call, Fax, or email the scores, Award sheets, and Recaps in Immediately after the show to the office. It only takes a little bit of time from one person to post them on the website..

I understand that the webmaster is doing double duty, and drives long distances, etc., but like I said it only takes one person to post them. I'm sure that someone in the office could do that. Maybe give them Friday off and ask for a couple of hours Saturday night or Sunday morning. :thumbup:

Uh, DCA has an office with paid staff??? I doubt it.

Therin lies the answer: Letting someone else have access!

I can truly understand that position. A lot of people having access to their Data, could have problems . Viruses Etc.

Hopefully DCA can come up with a solution, if not for 2008, then maybe 2009.

:thumbup:

I really doubt that the current DCA officers are worried about another trusted person having access to the website. Glen does the best he can, I'm sure. If he's still working with Surf, he's got more than a plate-full all season. Not to mention making time for family and (OMG!) a paying job.

I know what my solution would be - don't post recaps period. If you're that darn interested, call a corps and ask them to take the time to send you the info.

the good news, is DCA does read this stuff, and as long as suggestions are not done in a bashing manner, they will listen.

remember gang, not all that long ago you didn't get recaps til like mid week. lets be glad we usually ( unless Uncle Tom is pissing off airport people) we get them that weekend

Maybe each corps should be responsible. Each corps would assign a member to send in thier corps score for the night and that would resolve everything including getting the West Coast Scores which DCI NEVER posts. Just a thought, what do you think. :thumbup: or :thumbup:

What does a show sponsor pay DCA for? This is not about the corps doing it, it should be the ORGANIZATION'S responsibility. In the amount of time it take to write it down or type it, you can have the scores up on line.

The fact that DCA representatives are even answering this thread with jokes and sarcasm just shows you, you get what you pay for.

um they pay for the judges fees. and as I said before about constructive answers....

The fact that DCA representatives are even answering this thread with jokes and sarcasm just shows you, you get what you pay for.

You mean the ONE post that said "What Office?"???

Oh how horrible.... :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

"The fact that DCA representatives are even answering this thread with jokes and sarcasm just shows you, you get what you pay for. " CT-Horn

I am an official DCA representative. I have checked every post in this thread and the only one from an "official DCA representative" was the post that said "What Office?" from Glen Johnson, DCA Secretary and webmaster.

If anyone found that to be a joke... tell me now and I'll set you straight... was there a twinge of sarcasm to his comment? Considering that we all detract from our families and jobs to make DCA work year round for almost no remuneration - indeed, we ALL spend much more out of our pockets than we make - Glen has earned the right to post the facts... WE HAVE NO OFFICE... (and by association - we have NO OFFICE STAFF)

You also did not see all the facts as there were emails to the webmaster (who happens to be Glen).

Someone from this thread emailed him suggesting that in the summer we make our office staff take fridays off and work saturdays... I'm sorry... but that is just hysterical - we're all still laughing about it... if that bothers you... so be it... I first started in DCA in 1966. I have been involved every year since in one capacity or another. We take our jobs seriously and do the best we can without bankrupting the corps we have.

If the comment had come from someone out west or some other far away from the Northeast region, I would have accepted it on face value and said - "If they only knew"... but since it came from CT, I can only assume that the poster knows better and is intentionally trying to make DCA representatives look bad...

No one thought of any comments on here as a "joke". We take our duties very seriously. Please accept the reality of the situation. I thank Glen for all his efforts.