Why does it take so long for DCA to put up the recap?

Just reading through again after I vented...

Is someone assuming that Jeff Ream is a dca official? If so, please be advised that not only is he not affiliated with DCA in any way - he never has been...

He is a great guy who has a delightful wife and for some unknown reason likes VW Jetta's... His father was old Westshoremen and Yankee Rebels. He does come from good drum corps stock. He does know DCA and how it operates. He has marched himself with several corps (most notably Westshore) but others after Westshore's demise including Empire Statesmen. He has taught percussion also. He is intelligent, a very good writer and most of the time gets things right... He has also been known to provide me with a beer or two.

BUT

He does not and never has spoken officially for DCA.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an official DCA representative. I have checked every post in this thread and the only one from an "official DCA representative" was the post that said "What Office?" from Glen Johnson, DCA Secretary and webmaster.

Well whadda ya know I got it right, on only my fifth year back. :tongue:

And Jeff Ream (or as I call him "Wallys kid" :worthy: ) and his wife were performing a valuable service to DCA and Chambersburg DC show people last Saturday night. They were paying audience members, also ahead of me in line to get into the stadium.

And I don't represent DCA, Westshoremen, Hanover Lancers, Keystone Kavaliers :tongue: or even my house most of the time (ask my wife). :drool: Only association I have with DCA is I can remember marching with the VP and being screamed at by the head of judging "back in the day".

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

ok Jimmie...

so you marched with Larry Hershman...

So tell us... who screamed at you? Not Rich Templin! He never screamed...

keep well old timer...

Tom Peashey kicks ###.

Saw ya judging us in Houston recently (former Renegade contra, now Frontier mello). Would have taken a moment to say "Hi" but that probably wouldn't have worked out with the whole "judge/performer" thing....................to each his own task LOL

Hope to take a moment to say "Hello" should I cross your path in Ra-cha-cha..................have a good one :)

Thanks Rich... Houston was my pleasure, but I don't mind telling you that the heat/humidity was getting to this old body. I'm still recovering even decided to stay home tonight even though the Waterloo show is only 60 miles away or so..

after my houston travel experience, I'll draw a bye on that although it would be worth it to share a drink with you old friend.

See you at DCA?

after my houston travel experience, I'll draw a bye on that although it would be worth it to share a drink with you old friend.

See you at DCA?

I totally understand. Read about that trip...glad you finally made it home safe and sound.

DCA? Not this year, I'm recouping from neck surgery 4 weeks ago. Still have another 4 before I can even go back to work or drive. Talk about going stir crazy. All is going well.

Thanks to John and Laura, I've been able to keep entertained by watching DCI DVD's. LOL.

I should be back in the drum corps loop next year...I just needed a year and a half off.

Just reading through again after I vented...

Is someone assuming that Jeff Ream is a dca official? If so, please be advised that not only is he not affiliated with DCA in any way - he never has been...

He is a great guy who has a delightful wife and for some unknown reason likes VW Jetta's... His father was old Westshoremen and Yankee Rebels. He does come from good drum corps stock. He does know DCA and how it operates. He has marched himself with several corps (most notably Westshore) but others after Westshore's demise including Empire Statesmen. He has taught percussion also. He is intelligent, a very good writer and most of the time gets things right... He has also been known to provide me with a beer or two.

BUT

He does not and never has spoken officially for DCA.

in fact, they've asked me to stay away a few times :smile:

clarification..only ever marched Westshore. taught Bucs and Empire, and made Tom's hair go whiter on a few occasions

ok Jimmie...

so you marched with Larry Hershman...

So tell us... who screamed at you? Not Rich Templin! He never screamed...

keep well old timer...

Rich never screamed eh. i guess he behaved on days you came around :smile: