Why does it take so long for DCA to put up the recap?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

borth organizations have paid people on hand to get it in and up, and the technology to get it there ASAP. DCA doesn't, and if they did have it, that'd be less cash the corps get

Feel free to donate the needed cash to DCA so they can pay for the equipment and staffing to get it up there for you. Remember, some of these people may have a several hour drive home and/or overnight stay, and also real lives outside of drum corps to attened to today. Sure, I'd want to see them too, but I understand what these folks deal with in terms of time and lack of cash/equipment, so I don't mind being patient

borth organizations have paid people on hand to get it in and up, and the technology to get it there ASAP. DCA doesn't, and if they did have it, that'd be less cash the corps get

Feel free to donate the needed cash to DCA so they can pay for the equipment and staffing to get it up there for you. Remember, some of these people may have a several hour drive home and/or overnight stay, and also real lives outside of drum corps to attened to today. Sure, I'd want to see them too, but I understand what these folks deal with in terms of time and lack of cash/equipment, so I don't mind being patient

As I noted on another thread that was critical of the DCA delay in posting scores and recaps, the individual who runs the website, Glen Johnson, is also a chief judge or tabulator at many contests......for example, he was chief judge at the Grand Prix in Clifton on July 12th and with four contests last night, I assume he was working again...............

How can he be expected to do both at the same time? The DCA website didn't have the scores for the same reason that the many corps' websites didn't have the scores..........BECAUSE THEY WERE AT THE CONTEST.

My comments on the other post about Glen Johnson (DCA website), who I've known since my days as webmaster for the Garden State Circuit, and Tom Peashey (DCA Publicity), who I've known OF since the 1965 or 66 Dream Contest when the sky opened up on the Rochester Crusaders during their exit, were to the effect that they are two of the most dedicated individuals in drum corps. Sadly, they can't be two places at once.......if they could, the drum corps world would be a better place.

As for DCI getting scores up so quickly........they can probably post scores before the contest even begins if they wanted to (just my opinion)

Proudly,

Joe Dziezawiec

Paterson, NJ

Edited by JoeDz

1. as a member of The Brigadiers horn line, I can say that it is frustrating not to know exactly how you matched up with the other corps's horn lines, so I understand the impatience.

As for DCI getting scores up so quickly........they can probably post scores before the contest even begins if they wanted to (just my opinion)

OUCH! but very much needed, and as the saying goes, it's funny because it's true.

3. It wouldn't take much to get the recaps and scores posted quickly... Just one volunteer each weekend, and a phone. I understand about the webmaster having a life. However, i'd think it wastes much more time for him to hunt down the scores and post them before he recieves the recap as well. I noticed, today for example, scores are posted... but no recap.

1. as a member of The Brigadiers horn line, I can say that it is frustrating not to know exactly how you matched up with the other corps's horn lines, so I understand the impatience.

OUCH! but very much needed, and as the saying goes, it's funny because it's true.

3. It wouldn't take much to get the recaps and scores posted quickly... Just one volunteer each weekend, and a phone. I understand about the webmaster having a life. However, i'd think it wastes much more time for him to hunt down the scores and post them before he recieves the recap as well. I noticed, today for example, scores are posted... but no recap.

Sheesh ! Out in the parking lot last night we were listening to recaps being read. I agree that it would be nice to see where we stacked up against the other corps, and I wonder if it would be against DCA rules (probably would be) for the recaps to be faxed or telephoned in to DCP ???

Just a thought .........

When doing a USSBA show, We call, Fax, or email the scores, Award sheets, and Recaps in Immediately after the show to the office. It only takes a little bit of time from one person to post them on the website..

I understand that the webmaster is doing double duty, and drives long distances, etc., but like I said it only takes one person to post them. I'm sure that someone in the office could do that. Maybe give them Friday off and ask for a couple of hours Saturday night or Sunday morning. :laughing:

Yeah real tough. EQUIPMENT?

It's a laptop with a wireless card in it. Oh, the horror. DCA can't afford a freakin laptop? Heck, I'd do it for free!

Edited by bumo27

What office?

When doing a USSBA show, We call, Fax, or email the scores, Award sheets, and Recaps in Immediately after the show to the office. It only takes a little bit of time from one person to post them on the website..

I understand that the webmaster is doing double duty, and drives long distances, etc., but like I said it only takes one person to post them. I'm sure that someone in the office could do that. Maybe give them Friday off and ask for a couple of hours Saturday night or Sunday morning. :tongue:

What office?

Yeah. Amazing that some people actually think DCA has an "office" full of career full-time staff (like DCI or the two big band circuits).

DCA does an extraordinary job with limited and volunteer resources.

Equipment is loaned, etc. Our DCA show tonight? A Kiltie loaned the printer for the computer to print recaps. Tabulator was a volunteer. At a DCI show, you have, what? Paid staff to plug in and stare at the Tabulatron9000?

And, we do a pretty good job on DCP of getting scores around. The news gets out fast enough.

Edited by dannyboy