2008...An Interesting Season

my hunch is this season won't be over til Fran reads the final numbers.....and there will be goosebumps along the way

And it's exciting and it matters, no?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, to me, what matters is I get entertained for my moneys worth. As my corps is dead competitively, I don't care who wins, I just care that I am entertained

No, Keith was saying Upstate NY as in the main portion of NY minus Long Island, NYC, etc. When you have 4 drum corps from

Upstate NY...that's great. How many junior corps are in NYS now?

It's Upstate!

keith was talking about the rochester corps mostly. yeah cuse is central ny. your right let's just say NEW YORK STATE. that's cool.

With all due respect to ALL the competing corps, the only moment I feel an adrealin rush is when Fran reads off the name of the second place corp. Some years I feel the same rush when the third place score is announced. This however will likely NOT be one of those years. The fact that everyone seems to be so excited over what corp(s) will vie for say seventh place, or win the "much coveted" guard caption, indicates to me just how much of a foregone conclusion the eventual winner will be....

Edited by VOReason

my hunch is this season won't be over til Fran reads the final numbers.....and there will be goosebumps along the way

There is a slight rules change this year. I'll be reading the final scores on Wednesday, September 3, at 2 PM Eastern Time. At the Chesapeake House rest area on I-95 in Maryland.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. :tongue:

Fran

There is a slight rules change this year. I'll be reading the final scores on Wednesday, September 3, at 2 PM Eastern Time. At the Chesapeake House rest area on I-95 in Maryland.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. :worthy:

Fran

mmmm... one of my favorite places to stop at on the drive south! :tongue:

Maybe you can do it with that guy that drives in circles around the parking lot asking for money , saying he ran out of gas! WHILE HE IS STILL DRIVING !! At each pass by the entrance you can give a score and placement.. : :omg:

I thought it might be better done at the one (and only) rest stop on I-95 in Delaware. If you climb on top of the bldg and speak loudly enough, they might hear you in 3 states at once (DE, MD, & PA). Heck, use a bullhorn and they prob will hear you in NJ too.

I thought it might be better done at the one (and only) rest stop on I-95 in Delaware. If you climb on top of the bldg and speak loudly enough, they might hear you in 3 states at once (DE, MD, & PA). Heck, use a bullhorn and they prob will hear you in NJ too.

LOL.... good point, Dale!

Now... if DCA could only get a cut of the proceeds collected at the toll plaza on I-95 in Delaware. Four bucks each way for 15 miles of highway. No wonder why they can afford not to have a sales tax. :tongue:

Fran

Fran,

Will there be a cute, sexy assistant helping you with the announcing chores? You know like the "old" DCI ESPN shows?

LOL.... good point, Dale!

Now... if DCA could only get a cut of the proceeds collected at the toll plaza on I-95 in Delaware. Four bucks each way for 15 miles of highway. No wonder why they can afford not to have a sales tax. :thumbup:

Fran

With all due respect to ALL the competing corps, the only moment I feel an adrealin rush is when Fran reads off the name of the second place corp. Some years I feel the same rush when the third place score is announced. This however will likely NOT be one of those years. The fact that everyone seems to be so excited over what corp(s) will vie for say seventh place, or win the "much coveted" guard caption, indicates to me just how much of a foregone conclusion the eventual winner will be....

You think that you get a rush from his voice? You should have had to stand in front of him listening to him play the french horn. Especially when he was teamed up with Marty "Stan" Roche! Defies description. Biggest drama with Fran now is which of his Magnum PU outfits is he wearing to the show!

By the way, he's making me a little nervous trying to get people to meet him at rest areas on the way home. I've read about that stuff and it's just not right...