Missed camera shots....

my favorite is the little things that when your in the theaters for instance, you miss, but you can hear the reaction from the crowd and your sitting there thinking "WHAT"" WHAT DID I MISS??!!?!?!?!"

then you try real hard to remember seeing them live that season and what they could have done. sometimes you remember and then sometimes you get so into thinking about it, you pay little attention to the rest of the show/

the angle i miss is when they have the big hit moments and if your live you feel it push you into your seat, not so much on video.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluecoats 1987: During the bass solo in the drum solo the camera is showing us tenors, which then goes into the tenor solo. So you have eight measures of tenors, the first four showing us doing our visuals for the bass solo, and the next four of the tenor solo, then they cut to the snares for the snare solo. The basses must have been PO'd when they saw the video. I know I would have been if I were them. But I wasn't, so yay for me!! :shutup:

Suncoast 84... end of show. The corps makes a huge flag on the field, marches in a way to make it look like it's waving.. and they are showing first the CG captain presenting the colors and then a 30 second shot of the FLAG ON THE FRAKKING STADIUM. They FINALLY go back and catch the last few counts of the waving part... grrrr.

Suncoast 84... end of show. The corps makes a huge flag on the field, marches in a way to make it look like it's waving.. and they are showing first the CG captain presenting the colors and then a 30 second shot of the FLAG ON THE FRAKKING STADIUM. They FINALLY go back and catch the last few counts of the waving part... grrrr.

Ooooo....I'd forgotton that one....yeah....bad.

"The flying-half-wedges in Madison 88 definitely could've had a better angle."

ditto...

I know I only have marching band, but somebody must have also had one of these moments.

You get your DVD in the mail, you can't wait to pop in and watch your show.

Try getting the 75 LP's in the mail, opening them up and setting one on the turntable only to hear country and western that was mistakenly pressed on a DCI label.

Then to have DCI tell you "tough luck", take it up with the company who made the records.

Try getting the 75 LP's in the mail, opening them up and setting one on the turntable only to hear country and western that was mistakenly pressed on a DCI label.

Then to have DCI tell you "tough luck", take it up with the company who made the records.

So what's an LP?

Just kidding. My granny has some.

For me, I think of the end of Cadets 97, my favorite Cadets show. The drill has just collapsed into the spinning ball in the last 30 seconds, and we get a 12 second close up of the drum major. I'm sure he's good and all, but by the time they get back to the drill, the thing has already unfolded. Show the drum major during the ballad, please.

And by the way, I had some LP's too. And some 45's. And my friend had the coolest boom box ever that had a fold out turn table. I wonder why they don't make those anymore.

83 BD.....the accleerando in the snare line during "Paradox" (left handed singles, speeding up and the rught coming down....you can't really tell WHEN, they were so good)

That's the one I thought of before this thread was completely opened on my monitor. It has to the absolutel worst bit of shot calling of all time. What they gave me I can watch in any Olympic coverage, pick a year. Sped up singles - one hand to both - at finals, clean, once in a life time. Good thing I saw it live a few times.

Regards,

John

That particular move can be seen on"The site that shall remain nameless". It's of prelims and it's high cam and it was AWESOME.

The flying-half-wedges in Madison 88 definitely could've had a better angle.

HEY! They needed to have a VERY IMPORTANT close up of the kettle-drummist!

...which they have edited a lot in recent years.

seriously, the camera angle on the semifinals tape is much better (and the kettle-drummist gets a camera shot in the drum solo when playing the kettle-drums and cowbell at the same time!).