Finals Prediction 2008

That's why they hold the contests. Otherwise, we'd just name the champion in June and have exhibitions all summer!
Isn't that what they've been doing the past 3 years...albeit judged exhibitions...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demand has nothing to do with the sheets anymore. It's a shame too, because Grenadiers have some serious demand in their show. Especially the drum book. But what else is new, we always had a demanding book that constantly got under scored. I believe demand should be on the sheets again without a doubt. Too many corps from top to bottom A and Open class play it easy.

Boy, we've all had this complaint at one time or another. "Our show is the hardest", "The judges don't understand what we are doing" What it comes down to is somehow it didn't come across the way it was envisioned.

Boy, we've all had this complaint at one time or another. "Our show is the hardest", "The judges don't understand what we are doing" What it comes down to is somehow it didn't come across the way it was envisioned.

Which leads to whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. Shows and how they come across, when designed well, are open for interpretation, just as lyrics in a song. Everyone will interpret how they want, or better yet, how they know how to. It's human nature and judges are human last time I checked! lol

I still stand by my wish, demand should be on the sheets. However, it does leave open a lot of gray area. If somehow or some way it could be refined, I would love to see it make a comeback.

Which leads to whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. Shows and how they come across, when designed well, are open for interpretation, just as lyrics in a song. Everyone will interpret how they want, or better yet, how they know how to. It's human nature and judges are human last time I checked! lol

I still stand by my wish, demand should be on the sheets. However, it does leave open a lot of gray area. If somehow or some way it could be refined, I would love to see it make a comeback.

I actually agree with you however, I remember the many fruitless arguments over that caption (some that I was involved in) where the judge and instructor walked away with nothing gained but a agreement to disagree and a headache, That and the age old discussion of mental vs physical demand and which was more important as it related to a given program.

A competent judge should be able to recognize the level of demand in a program within the context of the criteria on the back of the sheet. At least that's what you hope for. The designers have to make sure to stick it in the judges face. Once robots judge, all of the problems will be over :smile:

Demand has nothing to do with the sheets anymore. It's a shame too, because Grenadiers have some serious demand in their show. Especially the drum book. But what else is new, we always had a demanding book that constantly got under scored. I believe demand should be on the sheets again without a doubt. Too many corps from top to bottom A and Open class play it easy.

True... but when demand meets cleanliness... that still counts. Which brings me to my next question... have you seen Alliance? Don't get me wrong, they aren't winning Open Class this year by any stretch of the imagination, but they are placing way up there in some captions (they are 7th in percussion of Open Class right now! And I can believe it). I think their brass is ranking around 10th in Open... not to mention they are winning EVERY major caption in Class A (and almost every sub-caption). There is just a lot going in their favor. I think the only thing that will stop these guys, is if they stop themselves... and I don't think that is going to happen this year.

I guess for now, I am going to have to agree to disagree. We shall see in about three weeks! :smile:

I'm gonna go out on a limb.

1. Bucs / hurcs just don't have the juice to catch them, but it'll be closer then last year.

2. Hurcs close but no cigar

3. ES bigger spread between them and Hurcs

4. MBI battery carries the corps to a higher seed then last year, but they could literally end up anywhere between 3rd and 7th, who knows.

5. Cabs miss MBI by less then a point

6. Gads battery takes percussion or a close 2nd and moves them way up

7. Brigs solid but smaller miss Gades and they have to stop posting "7" lol

8. Bush and CV could swap places here but bottom 3 are close, and Bush has the experiance at finals even with lower numbers

9. CV though Kilties could sneak in, depends on the battery and cleanliness in marching, both have good hornlines and drums on the way up, CV has the advantage

10. Kilties beat Cru by a point to see a 2nd show based on program quality, now they have to clean it.

11. Cru beats MCL by 2-3 points battery is smokin.

12. MCL

Class A.

1. Dream back in finals, even without a score in Aug they were through the roof without their closer on the field yet.

2. Alliance where did they come from?? less then .5 spread

3. Fusion Corps solid year all around

4. I'd love to put Govies here cause I love em, but I think the White Sabers can over take Chops by less then a point.

My opinion means nothing really as I've only seen about half the corps, and I am byassed on a few it's just for giggles. I do like that there is waaaaay more action goin around all the placements then there was last year. No one is garunteed anything this year, even Bucs are looking over their shoulder a bit more then they'd like I think. and 7-12 in open class is insane. NY is gonna be a blast!!!!

Thanks for the kind words about the battery, hopefully the few horses we're getting back from DCI will help us maintain our finalist spot from last year!

Open Finals:

Bucs - too tough to catch, look out for #4

Hurcs - hopefully this rarified air won't choke them

ES - anniversary surge nets them one place

Cabs - on familiar territory here

MBI - can't crack the highest echelon against these corps

Brigs - not enough oomph to hold off MBI this year

Renegades - 7th will please their dark overlords

Bush - more horsepower needed this year

CV - better than ever doesn't get them higher than ever

Cru - make it in by the skin of their teeth

-----

Kilties - edged out by less than a point.

My predictions

Open Finals:

Bucs - Of course

Cabs-they are just that good.

ES- anniversary helps them and they are just that good.

Hurcs -Only place they could place.Not working their way up the ladder like people think.

MBI - Just can't hack getting any higher.

Brigs - Boring

Renegades - Will never make it up the ladder any higher.

CV - better than ever but still not up the ladder far enough.Give them another 10 years.

Bush - Horrible this year but will make it because of who they are.

Kilties-Look who is fronting them.Enough Said.

-----

Cru-Just barley ahead of MCL.Both have a lot of work to do.

MCL-Just behind Cru or possibly overtaken by Aliance or Dream

I predict that I will be hooking up with Return of the Jetta for some juicy quotes for my Finals diatribe. And some godawful, turquoise schnapps.

Anybody for lunch on Saturday at Schaller's in Rachacha?

Ace

Haring understudy

Cozy's lackey

President, Sons of Ruocco

Moe Knox Fan Club, Recording Secretary

I havent had that stuff in years. and where is Schallers?

There's a movie in there somehwere...... :smile:

it was a thread here:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2172721

no need for film