Thinking of Jason Lowe

Tears every time. I'm never not reminded of J around this time of year, and for that matter, every time a drum corps season begins and ends.

Love you and miss you, J. Take care of my big brother Sean up in drum corps heaven.

I said it last year, I will say it this year and every year after...

We all knew Jason. We all know Jason. He is the spirit of drum corps and that spirit lives on for eternity in the hearts of each and every member who hears those immortal words.... "On the starting line....."

I never knew you personally Jason but just know that we all know, love and miss you terribly.

I think this needs to stay on page 1.

Bumping.

Thanks, maybe a mod or admin could pin this thread? Hmmmm, maybe?

I think this needs to stay on page 1.

Bumping.

Thanks, maybe a mod or admin could pin this thread? Hmmmm, maybe?

Agreed....

Bumping again!

Yeah...every year it evokes the same emotion from me...I miss him. He was a rascal, a great debater, a great conversationalist....and he LOVED drum corps. He inspired me. And challenged me. He was an RAMD regular, back when RAMD was good, and here as well. It was a very very sad day when he passed. Thank you my friend for posting this thread...and for the reminder. I know Jason gets great seats from heaven every year...and to think, he doesn't have to go through the hassle of ordering tickets!!

We love you Jason--and just like Mr. Cornelius said above...you ARE the "spirit of drum corps".

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

i think had he made it long enough to post on DCP, he would have probably been banned...boy could he argue :smile:

I'm usually a pretty cynical guy, but I got to know thru RAMD and adored him. I know exactly where I was standing in the DCI market place, talking to Don and Tom Allen when Tom Peashey told us. Here's 3 guys who have been around drum corps forever, seen it all, shocked by little....crying over a kid we all met once. Honestly, the rest of the show meant nothing to us...we thought about jason and the fun times on RAMD. And oh were they fun.

Jason, I can say one thing for you my friend....on the one week of the season when emotions and loyalties are at their fiercest, when people argue over every tenth, that week you created one loyal unending bond....missing you. I don't think I'll ever forget Spirit's friday performance, or the cloud that flew over Spirit at the end of thursday....you sending a message I am sure. With you and now Sean Holton up there together, I can only imagine the havoc you two are wreaking.

we miss you Jason, and for one moment in time, scores didnt matter because of you. If you only knew how many people you really touched and got to be friends just because we all loved you.

Yeah...every year it evokes the same emotion from me...I miss him. He was a rascal, a great debater, a great conversationalist....and he LOVED drum corps. He inspired me. And challenged me. He was an RAMD regular, back when RAMD was good, and here as well. It was a very very sad day when he passed. Thank you my friend for posting this thread...and for the reminder. I know Jason gets great seats from heaven every year...and to think, he doesn't have to go through the hassle of ordering tickets!!

We love you Jason--and just like Mr. Cornelius said above...you ARE the "spirit of drum corps".

Crying and laughing while reading Ryan's post... #### it Turner! :smile:

Every time I hear Spirit play Georgia... I think of Jason. Every time.

wow - the tears are streaming as much as they did that day 7 years ago.

That drum corps in the sky is getting way too big...........

Edited by Kay

(For those who didn't see it the first time around:)

The Jason Lowe Memorial Page:

http://diceman.home.att.net/jason.htm

("With Quiet Courage" still gets to me after all these years... Thanks to Larry and Alan for allowing me to include it...)

I'm proud to keep his memory alive in some small way - and I miss "Tickbox" more than I can say...