Not seeing it.

"And that's... okay"

Stuart Smalley

:satisfied:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies have very imaginative drill, and very good execution, but the performance level is a little blah compared to Crown/Phantom

I think the performance level was right up there with Phantom. But as I said in an earlier post, the two shows are designed to hit the audience in different ways. Phantom's show is supposed to hit the gut. It's emotional. It tells an emotional story. The Cavaliers' show is dark and brooding. It isn't supposed to hit your tear ducts.

Both corps performed excellent tonight. It's been a fantastic night of drum corps. Scores should be interesting at the top.

(BTW, that's the best I've seen The Cavaliers show. It was executed really well. They definitely brought it tonight.)

Edited by IPlayPercussion

Had to shut the stream off after PR. It drained me and I can't bear to watch another show after that .... nor do I want to know the scores. Scores are pointless on a show like that. Totally POINTLESS.

That's one of the greatest shows I've ever seen in DCI. Period. IT's right there with PR 89 and SCV 87. And yes those were both 2nd place shows. Hopefully PR can break that chain tomorrow night.

Goodnight and enjoy your speculations

Edit: I left out that Indiana corps from 93 ....

Edited by supersop

blue devils best watched thru high cam :) too much the cameras miss on the multi cam

I disagree completely. Performance was great, just a different type of show. Phantom and Crown have the sound, Cavies have the visual.

The question mark is effect. Did Phantom put a damper on the GE scores of the Cavies?

Cavies marched their butts off MEGAclean! (and everytime I see the "gazelle" move, my jaw drops)

ABSURBITY!

I missed it. Did Brandt do it again?