Breaking News!

BLOOMINGTON, Indiana (AP) - In a last minute deal to help bolster their quest for a World Championship in 2008, the Phantom Regiment has acquired Brett Favre from the New York Jets for Spartacus and a forth round draft pick.

At a press conference called early Friday morning, corps director Rick Valenzuela said the addition of Farve to the 150 member roster gives the corps more depth, specifically in the later parts of the show.

"We know our assistant drum major has had a difficult run to the podium. Having to deal with the emotion of offing another corps member is tough. With Brett's accuracy and arm strength, this gives us more of an "impact" at the end of the show without the run."

Drum Major Will Pitts, who is on the podium at the end of the show, is very excited to have Farve as a teammate. "Who wouldn't want to be on the end of a Brett Favre spear.... I mean spiral!"

Also part of the deal, the Regiment has released it's the volunteer staff member that drives their tractor that pulls the pit equipment to the field. Farve will now handle those responsibilities. "He's say's he's good with a tractor" said Valenzuela, "but we had to make it clear that he couldn't drive it during the show".

According to Valenzuela, the corps will change the color of its uniforms to green and yellow, and next years show will include a reference to cheese and a sing-a-long number "Build Me Up Buttercup".

###

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Cute. Does Favre get speared too?

BLOOMINGTON, Indiana (AP) - In a last minute deal to help bolster there quest for a World Championship in 2008, the Phantom Regiment has acquired Brett Favre from the New York Jets for Sparticus and a forth round draft pick. According to corps director Rick Valezuela, the corps will change the color of its uniforms to green and yellow, and next's years show will include a reference to cheese and a sing-a-long number "Build Me Up Buttercup".

###

BEST. POST. EVAR.

There's no place here for your misguided attempts at satire and parody, news boy!!

(that was funny....what YOU typed...not what I typed...)

BLOOMINGTON, Indiana (AP) - In a last minute deal to help bolster there quest for a World Championship in 2008, the Phantom Regiment has acquired Brett Favre from the New York Jets for Sparticus and a forth round draft pick. According to corps director Rick Valezuela, the corps will change the color of its uniforms to green and yellow, and next's years show will include a reference to cheese and a sing-a-long number "Build Me Up Buttercup".

###

Laugh of the day!

:thumbup::smile::smile:

Nice. Wonder when John Madden will show up at Regiment's housing site.

There's no place here for your misguided attempts at satire and parody, news boy!!

(that was funny....what YOU typed...not what I typed...)

LOL! WOW, in less then two minutes, I've drawn responses from two of my favorite people in one post (Kelli and Ryan!). I need to do this more often! LOL