• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Antonio - 2007 - Why can't they just stop talking and play? - My Mom

San Antonio - 2008 - Didn't they learn anything from last year? - My Mom

You can guess the corps.

Bluecoats?

Thats to funny. But its Alice In Wonderland.

:thumbup:

Let's slow it down for you...

1st: Over The Rainbow. You probably got that with no problem.

2nd: "I feel like Allison in wonderland tonight". Here's where I think we lost you. The WOMAN said that. Not Mike.

3rd: Alice (or in the dolts case, "Allison") in Wonderland has nothing to do with Over The Rainbow. I'm hoping you got that part.

:laughing:

Edited by skajerk

In Ohio a few years back -

BD set up for an encore performance after the show. The hornline played their warmup, and after they finished a guy yelled from the stands "Great job! You're giving me a woody!"

I never saw drum corps kids start laughing in formation before then.............

I do always love watching people for horrified looks when people start blooing :laughing:

I have heard the "Why are they booing?" on occasion (once from my dad after I had marched there for two years - :doh: ), but I never heard it so much when I was on tour working the souvie's last year.

I think after every show someone would come to the booth and ask about the booing ("We don't understand, we really liked the show!") and we would explain and everyone would have a good chuckle. The best one though was at Drums Along the Rockies in Denver last year. After the show, a couple coming out of the stands made a beeline for our booth:

"We are SOOOOO sorry for how rude the crowd was towards them. We are SO embarrassed. This is really a very nice town - we don't know why everyone was so RUDE!"

I had never seen anyone so upset about the "booing". Needless to say, they were very relieved after we explained the situation.

Turns out they knew absolutely nothing about drumcorps before coming to the show that night. They had just seen a local add and decided to come check out the show. Pretty cool.

Cadets 08..."Sarah, you really left alot of broken hearts." (or something like that)

heard in our section, "Sarah, you slut."

I got a good laugh over this because that's what I thought every time I heard that line. :thumbup:

Edited by bartyount

At the Open Class Semifinals this year after Beatrix was welcomed to the field the lady two rows in front of me says..........

"Wow.....The Netherlands. They should get an award for the longest bus ride!"

I have no idea where she was from but her shirt had a California corps name on it.

At the Open Class Semifinals this year after Beatrix was welcomed to the field the lady two rows in front of me says..........

"Wow.....The Netherlands. They should get an award for the longest bus ride!"

I have no idea where she was from but her shirt had a California corps name on it.

I guess I should add that she was NOT trying to be funny. Finally after everyone around her gave her a strange look she said.....

"Oh yea, I guess that was dumb. They would have come over on a boat."

Obviously, geography and common sense are not her forte!