Funny things you've heard fans say at shows

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were on the field and somebody from the stands yelled

"Brian Hunt is an American Bad A##!"

At the Beverly show this year, "And mark your calendar folks, because in 3 weeks the Boston Crusaders have their home show in Lawrence on the 31st. Joining them will be the Spartans, the Academy, the Cavaliers, and the Santa Clara Vanguards!"

alright in madison in camp randall the show began very smoothly with the all ages corps, when who is next? revolution...

they enter the field and begin to stand and wait and their directors/captionheads are still just standing on the field for what seemed to be a long time. finally people around me and myself included started taking notice the lack of drum line.

after a few minutes the announcer, brandt crocker i think, came on and said "welcome to the field from san antonio texas... revolutions drumline!!!"

well i guess that doesnt count as a fan exactly, but why cant the announcer also be a fan?

Edited by doyle079

If you ever listen to the 1989 Freelancers (or better yet, watch us on Fan Network) after our first few notes we had a halt and a patented Freelancers "breath check", which to be truthful sounded a bit like the Jolly Green Giant sneezing, some funny guy in the crowd screams.... "BLESS YOU!!!"

And then there was that guy who can be clearly heard on the '93 Freelancers QF performance who yelled out "Go Ditka!" during the ballad.

I wonder who that guy was? :thumbup:

alright in madison in camp randall the show began very smoothly with the all ages corps, when who is next? revolution...

they enter the field and begin to stand and wait and their directors/captionheads are still just standing on the field for what seemed to be a long time. finally people around me and myself included started taking notice the lack of drum line.

after a few minutes the announcer, brandt crocker i think, came on and said "welcome to the field from san antonio texas... revolutions drumline!!!"

well i guess that doesnt count as a fan exactly, but why cant the announcer also be a fan?

Oh man.....no dis to Ryan Turner, but where was Brandt when we needed him for Memphis Sound's near disaster late entry at 07 prelims?? :thumbup:

There were some gems from the 75 year old Cadets alum seated behind me at finals this year. During the contras' low brass rumble that was in BK's show this year, he made the fart joke we were all thinking (and that I'd made at an earlier show, but didn't go over nearly as well because anything funny is even funnier when a 75 year old man says it). During the Cadets show, I believe there's a part where Sara is talking about what she's looking for in a man, and he adds, "...bank account..."

There have been several moments over the years, but I will try to recount some that stick in my mind:

1. I will never forget a show in Indianapolis in 1993...out come the Glassmen with their guard uniforms in all their glory. There were some pleasantly plump guard girls, and an African American gentleman behind me in his best Eddie Murphy voice said: "Spandex Ain't for Everyone"! (See example here, only imagine being worn by a female by the name of 'Cameo LeToe' - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...owtopic=117124)

2. Finals 2006...Cadets. The doorbell rings and a group of young punks say "who is it" in a granny-like voice. Then when Alice asks where are we, many many people shouted "MADISON!!!" That was priceless!

3. The Blue Knights came to the Midwest in early season 2001 and went head to head with Phantom Regiment at several of the small DCM shows. I really liked their show music, but someone decided the guard should wear these full body suits which was comparable to black opaque panty hose. To set the show, the guys came up to the front line, would lay on the ground on their side, and when the announcer would ask if the corps was ready, they would lift their leg up (like a pair of scissors)...the gasps by my fellow Midwesterners was like a vortex noise because the view was borderline XXX to see such things in a small "intimate" stadium.

4. Cavaliers 1991, "I have been going to church all my life and have never heard the Doxology played like that! Woo hoo!"

5. Phantom Regiment 2006, in a small Indiana H.S. stadium there was a very young and energetic priest in the crowd wearing his clerical clothing...he was fun to watch all night. Then PR opened up the heavens to play Ave Maria, he went burzurk...someone behind him said, "Would you mind coming to preach at my church...we are hiring!"

6. Carolina Crown 2008, "Is that supposed to be Don King?"

There are surely more, but the comments I hear mostly tend to revolve around the guard uniforms.

Edited by stockman365