If Regiment is Announced in 2nd Tonight

Well, considering that SCV Cadets just knocked-off BDB by 0.05, how much would it suck for a similar fate to occur tonight with BDA being knocked-off by a small margin with Phantom? How possible is it that the same could happen tonight?

Stranger things have happened! :smile:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom did not beat BD. They tied.

2006 Semis

2 Blue Devils 97.000

3 Phantom Regiment 96.825

2006 Finals

2 Phantom Regiment 96.850

3 Blue Devils 96.550

Just sayin'. :smile:

Phantom did not beat BD. They tied.

actually...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/statistics/...6&year=2006

I think you're thinking of 1996, which would be correct, honest mistake.

Despite the championship and five 2nd place finishes, to date Phantom has never outright won a contest round at Nationals. They tied for first at prelims in 1978 just as they tied at Finals in '96.

Weird

2006 Semis

2 Blue Devils 97.000

3 Phantom Regiment 96.825

2006 Finals

2 Phantom Regiment 96.850

3 Blue Devils 96.550

Just sayin'. :smile:

Excuse me, I went to 1996, but I meant for the Title. Phantom has never beaten BD for the Title and they look to be coming up a little short this year as well. We shall see. I love Phantom, I just love BD's colorguard and visual package more than Phantom's and being a colorguard guy that I what I look at the most. I do get more emotional from Phantom's show, but that doesn't mean they should win. I see Phantom getting a bump tonight , perhaps even perfection in music, but their guard score will drop as they, IMHO don't deserve 2nd in guard and that will be the difference. BD by a tenth!

They aren't running away because the visual program is not strong enough. I'm pulling for Phantom too, but I won't be uber-upset if they don't take it.

Good post!

But those others in contention have some glaring weaknesses in design, much moreso than Phantom if you ask me.

But the judging system doesn't judge on design, it judges on execution. Sad, maybe, but true.

But the judging system doesn't judge on design, it judges on execution. Sad, maybe, but true.

Design is not judged?