The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

Can anyone answer this? I have been to finals many times but I can't remember. At retreat, all the MMs are standing at parade rest. What happens when a score is announced? Are they allowed to react or do they just have to stand there? When BD was announced 2nd, what was PRs reaction or their reaction when they were announced 1st. I can picture all those kids out there not being able to react except for the smiles on their faces and their tears.

Proud Marimba mom (wishing I could have been there - I was ready to hop on a plane Thursday morning if those darn lottery numbers had just come in!!)

It depends on the corps. Some corps don't move, some are called to attention once their score is announced, and some are undisciplined and can celebrate (BD). Just joking on the undisciplined thing. :worthy:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anybody else get a good feeling about phantom once dcp went down?

i was a bit busy, so i didn't check the scores until a little bit after they were announced. the first thing i did when i got back to the computer was go to dcp... which had completely crashed. i didn't remember that happening in 07, so i figured for the site to be down just a few minutes after scores were announced, there must have been a phreaking huge announcement :worthy:

did anybody else get a good feeling about phantom once dcp went down?

yep, dcp and the blue devils blog both went down during phantom's show. I got the scores from the dci group on facebook and confirmed them on dci's site. CONGRATS PHANTOM

Wow...lame. I want the real video...NOW. No offense to the kids, but i want to hear the see the crowd spontaneously combust...

Yup. I keep checking the Phorbidden site, but nothing yet...

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=9...88-498480c87c77

Short not-that-good-of-an-angle video of score announcement.

I know it probably wouldn't have been too PC, but would it have killed DCI to show the announcement of BD in second? I mean, as long as I can remember the 2nd place score always gets the most spontaneous crowd response, I can only imagine what the reaction was last night.

I know it probably wouldn't have been too PC, but would it have killed DCI to show the announcement of BD in second? I mean, as long as I can remember the 2nd place score always gets the most spontaneous crowd response, I can only imagine what the reaction was last night.

yeah that is what gets the best response.. i keep hitting F5 on the site that shall not be named in PR by date added

I'm a longtime Blue Devils fan.... but I gotta give it up to Phantom Regiment this year. They had one of the best shows I've ever seen in my 40-plus years of being around drum corps.... absolutely fantastic.

A deserving champion, no doubt about it!!!!! :worthy:

Fran