Judges interviews from Quarterfinals

Ok, I thought it was great that they interviewed the judges during the theatre broadcast on Thursday. After watching it, I was very surprised that DCI would even allow something like that. Did anybody notice how dumb and inconsistent these judges looked and sounded?

When asked about different things, and how the judges were compared to each other, their answers were vague and distorted.

And not one of them knew the first thing about judging. Not one of them knew the key word-CRITERIA. Not one judge uttered this word. Not one judge mentioned the criteria that is set for judging, and then how the judges react/acknowledge the performance as far as the judges sheets go-based on this criteria.

Didn't anybody else watch these interviews and notice this? I think DCI just lost worlds of credibility by showing these incompetent interviews. This is the stuff they have been hiding behind for the last 20 years.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I thought it was great that they interviewed the judges during the theatre broadcast on Thursday. After watching it, I was very surprised that DCI would even allow something like that. Did anybody notice how dumb and inconsistent these judges looked and sounded?

When asked about different things, and how the judges were compared to each other, their answers were vague and distorted.

And not one of them knew the first thing about judging. Not one of them knew the key word-CRITERIA. Not one judge uttered this word. Not one judge mentioned the criteria that is set for judging, and then how the judges react/acknowledge the performance as far as the judges sheets go-based on this criteria.

Didn't anybody else watch these interviews and notice this? I think DCI just lost worlds of credibility by showing these incompetent interviews. This is the stuff they have been hiding behind for the last 20 years.

. . . icon_neutral.gif

I didn't get that feeling at all. You can hardly judge them based on the few seconds each was interviewed.

"anybody notice how dumb ... these judges looked and sounded"

Now that's just mean.

I didn't get that feeling at all. You can hardly judge them based on the few seconds each was interviewed.

"anybody notice how dumb ... these judges looked and sounded"

Now that's just mean.

I don't think it is mean, just truthful. I have been a judge for many events. As a judge, you have a certain set of criteria that has to be met to justify any score. Within that criteria is a variable for interpretation from the judge. As a judge it is up to you to be fair and unbiased, and it is up to you to be able to explain your position at any time. I know alot of people are going to be unhappy somewhere down the line at your position and scores, but they do have to be justified. So I think all of the judges questioned really missed the boat.

If Carolina Crown or Cavaliers had won, would you ask for the same clarification?

If Carolina Crown or Cavaliers had won, would you ask for the same clarification?

Yeah, looking at the OP's previous posts, I think this is what it is all about. Phantom won and he doesn't like it much. Sorry if I'm wrong, but read your previous posts about Phantom and tell me I'm crazy for coming to this conclusion. As far as the judges not mentioning the magic word, who cares? Did it ever occur to you that they may be trying to "dumb it down" for us non-adjudicators? We are simple-minded folk, after all (ok, just kidding, but you see my point I hope..) :worthy:

And you would know the keyword because you also judge for DCI correct? Who cares if they didn't say criteria besides you! It was a quick interview. Anybody can come in here and say they've judged countless shows. I'm not denying that you have. I will say that someone who claims to be a judge wouldn't go out and publicly disown and denounce what I would consider the best judges in the "industry." You don't see kids watching basketball and when Jordan misses a shot say he didn't even do the key movement. Complete and utter blasphemy!