Cadets Classy Retreat

Without regard to the rest of your post, not sure I understand this part ...

Are you saying that because Samuri, Knockout, and Spartacus all contained fighting or the like that they are all the "same exact show concept?"

All The shows were about two opposing forces battling eachother. 3 different genres. Obviously they don't have the same show. Just a little bit of satire.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All The shows were about two opposing forces battling eachother. 3 different genres. Obviously they don't have the same show. Just a little bit of satire.

Gotcha ... sorry ... wasn't quite sure where you were coming from there so I just wanted to make sure :cool:

It's funny -- when the Bluecoats announced they were doing a boxing show, whoduvthunk that their show would have the LEAST amount of blood in it !!!!! :cool:

From the videos I've seen, most of The Cavaliers were turned and clapping for Phantom Regiment's win. The rest were probably getting up from their decapitations after BD's score was announced (which I thought was pretty funny).

I thought it was quite funny also. I don't know how long they have been doing it for but during the last year with full retreats they were pulling little funny things like this and no one seemed to care, but now everyone is saying how they "lost respect" for them.

I mean come on they lost their honor, of course they are going to do that. :cool:

I thought the Cadets carried themselves with the utmost of class...I was extremely impressed by almost all of the corps on that field.

Almost. The Blue Devils left the field without so much as aknowledging the Phantom Regiments existence. I did not notice this at first until my wife, a former Blue Devil (75-77), brought it to my attention that Dave Gibbs led his corps off of the field seemingly purposefully moving them off the front sidelines away from Phantom. I know corps do not "troop" the stands any more, but I did notice that the Cavaliers went out of their way to troop by Phantom and shake hands with as many of them as possible. Not so with BD. It has also come to my attention from marching members who were on the field that BD was down right rude to Phantom.

I marched SCV in 1975 a very competitive year and I remember being very appreciative of Madison's performance and trooping them when we exited the field.

Now, from an old dinasour, is this common?

Prehype crap? Tradition is crap these days? I understand you being offended if it was too loud, but come on. Calling a tradition crap? For real?

And that comment was totally off topic.

That's all.

When you ruin another corps show? Yes it's crap..... So take your "tradition" to the #### parking lot

My opinions of the Cavaliers and Bluecoats up until retreat the other night was of the utmost respect. Now, whenever I see them, the first thing that pops into my head is going to be how they carry themselves around other corps. And I find that very unfortunate.

I'm assuming that you WEREN'T standing outside the gate on Friday night when Devils exited the field to the entire membership of Cavaliers applauding them (for the whole 2 minutes it took BD to pass up to the ramp). I notice you also failed to mention how Green walked over to PR and congratulated them before they left the field on Saturday.

Or don't those examples count?

I'd be the first to agree that finale is a cluster____ these days, but given how DCI doesn't appear to take it too seriously, I'm not sure why anyone should expect some of the kids to take it all with extreme seriousness. And, c'mon, let's all us dinos from the 70s and 80s be honest; we all screwed around during retreat back in the day too, but weren't quite as obvious about it as they are now.

Cavaliers were having fun out there, but it wasn't at anyone's expense and was in line with the generally good mood they were in all day. Personally, I thought the tightrope thing was a hoot; it was followed by another line going up to the front in "Machine" style, so the theme seemed to be about "styles through the years" rather than a dig at any one corps.

Edited by mobrien

How BD left the field

badbd.jpg

How Cavies left the field...any questions???

goodcavies.jpg

My opinions of the Cavaliers and Bluecoats up until retreat the other night was of the utmost respect. Now, whenever I see them, the first thing that pops into my head is going to be how they carry themselves around other corps. And I find that very unfortunate.

I'm just not understanding why standing completely still at retreat = class and vice versa. Who decided that - you?