The official "Please put Regiments field entrance on the DVD&quot

I was just thinking about this the other day. They should definitely include Phantom's field entrance on the dvds. Question: I must have missed the "bad blood" between the drum majors during the entrance when I saw them in Quarterfinals (my only viewing of them this year) what happens?

i also missed hearing Kyle (the infamous murdering conductor) yelling "Halt!" after the corps marched off post killing Spartacus. didn't know that was there until i watched the encore from the first row. my ears are still ringing from how LOUD they were.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone check me on this, but I believe the set up was that teh 2nd DM went to shake the hand of the first in camaraderie and was rejected?? If that's the case, his admiration of Spartacus and his reaction to Spart's death makes even more sense!

Close. The head DM shakes the hand of the first assistant DM (who later kills Spartacus's love interest). The head DM then tries to shake the hand of the second assistant DM and gets rejected.

I have had the extreme fortune of talking with someone from DCI today who shed a whole bunch of light on the online stuff. Everyone at DCI really really really wants to post more video. Heck, the guy that runs the online video is a Regiment alumn, if it was up to him, their entire season would be online. But the are issues with the contract with ESPN that does not allow them to do it. They have been fighting with ESPN for months, and as late as the past few weeks, trying to reach an agreement, but in the end, it just wasn't meant to be (He assures me that there were even higher-ups inside ESPN that were trying to help us). He promises they are working on stuff to post in the next couple of days/weeks. But as for anyhting that happened in the stadium, including retreat, scores, etc, ESPN owns the rights to it all.

If you want to complain, talk to the Disney lawyers.

Wait, why would espn have any say this year? DCI is not producing a broadcast for espn or anybody else. How does espn own the rights to anything that happened this season?

Just a guess but do they use ESPN camera's and personal for filming and editing?

Nope....the camera and production crew if a DCI thing....there's probably a contractual deal here....remember, ESPN was a 3 year deal. DCI dropped the 3rd year for financial considerations, but that doesn't invalidate the terms of the contract, which remain in force.

Nope....the camera and production crew if a DCI thing....there's probably a contractual deal here....remember, ESPN was a 3 year deal. DCI dropped the 3rd year for financial considerations, but that doesn't invalidate the terms of the contract, which remain in force.

That would make sense. Thanks for the clarification.

YES. Please.

I am totally stupefied as to why the Crossmen 2007 entrance with the capes was not included. It totally set the mood for the production, and unless you saw it live you don't get to experience that moment.

Please, DCI, don't leave that good stuff out!!!

i was about to post and say 'and please include an extra on the dvd's (easter egg?) featuring crossmen's intro from last year.' i only saw a video once, a low-quality one on facebook, and would love to see it again.

maybe include it as an easter egg on the 13-20 (?) dvd....?

YES, that field entrance instantly brings the audience into the show, before any notes are played. I love the DM field entrance, DM arm-brace (and rejection), the brass line marching backfield (a la Nazi/North Korean/you get it), the slaves being dragged onto the field. Bravo PR, you've finally managed to completely swing my allegiance from Cavaliers and have made me a full-blown PHAN!