Biggest Mistakes Put on a Field Since 2000

I really think I'm one of the only ones that really like BD's 05 show...anyway, I wasn't too big on the Cadets show in 2006, kind of a disappointment after such a great show in 2005...and its not just because of the amplified vocals, I actually enjoyed their shows the last two years quite a bit.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yowsa, yowsa, yowsa. Don't forget to write your poor old mother" ....yuk ! I dont care if some respond with a " Well it was done well and it fit the show"...it doesnt belong on the football field in a drum corps show, it was terrible.

"Aqua" ...enough said

Cadets 2006, entire show

Cadets 2007, entire speaking

Cadets 2008, ditto

2005 Bluecoats, the silly drum speaking that sounded like Japanese tourists lost in NYC asking for directions.

"The beat generation"

"What happens in vegas, stays in vegas" (Thanks PC, we never saw the commercial)

"And we all know what a man is....." Poor Cascades

Geoffrey

Surprised nobody's mentioned Academy's show- so I will.

My understanding is that it was done backwards for programming/effect reasons. If they had done the show forward, it would have started fast with lots of energy and gotten progressively slower and less energetic. This wouldn't make for a good ending. At least that's how it was explained to me when Logan's winter guard did the same concept a few years earlier.

I understand this. But by starting the show slow and without energy they lost me (my interest) in the first minute of the show.

There is so much great dance music out there I was really hoping they would have show cased the guard doing some great stuff. That just never happened in this show. All that actiing tired just made me tired of the show and bored.

They could have started off with a lot of energy and done some great dancing. Then during the 3 quarter of the show done a slow dance and demonstrated the fatigue aspect of the derby. Then, ended with an adreniline (sp) rush, "second wind" (the kind of thing that happens when you know you've almost made it) with lots of energy.

Edited by shawn craig

Phantom wearing Khaki.