Biggest Mistakes Put on a Field Since 2000

The added narration at the end of Crowns 2007 Pony Show. The race narration. Dumb. Over the top. Poorly performed didn't add anything significant. Ruined the only good part of that show in my opinion. Ok. We get it. We're watching a horse race. Try to assume your audience is smarter than that.

I thought the silent grand pause they had at that point in the show early in the season built a lot more tension and suspense.

Granted the narration was limited and didn't ruin the show, but it was better with out it IMHO.

Edited by shawn craig

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV 2005 Drill, a little too college band for my taste.

Cavies 2005 entire show, ladders were cool tho

Cavies 2007 entire show

Phantom Regiment flocking, 07

Crown 04 vocals, any and all!

I liked BD 05 show a lot, I thought doing it backwards added that extra denision to the show. I loved the original closer where the music builds and then just stops....they later added a final chord.

I like Cadets 2005 and 2007 a lot, but felt that each follow up was lacking in execution from a design standpoint.

THIS! It went from ultra classy to shticky when this was added. Willam Tell was rocking up until that point...it made me sad :(

Well, the whole show was kind of shticky. It's kind of Crown's M.O. Shtick

CCrown 2004: Black Guy in Colorguard shouting "FREEDOM!!!"

My sister and I lol'd hard when we saw that on video. She's not even a drum corps fan, but she likes RENT, so I showed it to her. I didn't even notice how coincidentally funny that was until she pointed it out.

At least he didn't need a mic to be heard. :lol:

I am going with

2004 BAC and CC.

BAC had a really neat show and I enjoyed it for the most part but the narration killed it and made no sense.

CC had some great music but that singing just ruined the whole show for me.

2005 BD. FIrst BD show ever that I wanted to get up and get a hot dog at.I lost a ton of respect for BD after that show but the last couple of years shows I have forgiven them.

2006 Cadets 2005 was a really interesting show and I got what they were doing with that.2006 was just a really bad sequel that should have never been.I still have nightmares of white rabbits coming to take me away in my dreams

2007 Cadets Wonderful Brass show covered up with blah

2008 Cadets In George Hopkins own words."This show just didn't work.

Edited by camel lips

Letting Marie Czapinski judge GE :lol:

The added narration at the end of Crowns 2007 Pony Show. The race narration. Dumb. Over the top. Poorly performed didn't add anything significant. Ruined the only good part of that show in my opinion. Ok. We get it. We're watching a horse race. Try to assume your audience is smarter than that.

I completely disagree. IMO, the narration added so much to the end of their show, and was not poorly performed at all.