Another reason to buy the 2008 DVDs

Um, would BD picking Semis make the final results ANY different? I don't think that if BD picks their Semis performance that DCI is obligated to put BD as the 1st place track just because on that night they finished first, so what does it matter? Phantom, BD, Cavaliers, etc. all want their best performance from Championships on the DVD because they want to promote the best of what they are and have been this year. And because the name of the DVD's does not specifically state "Finals" it's not a low blow.

I disagree. When discussing DCI 2008 we will say BD got 2nd place. Thier World Championship place. So I think thier World Championship show should whatever got them that World Championship place. Will the DVD show of BD semis (if picked) still say they had 2nd place with a 98.215? It would be inaccurate. Many times in DCI history has a corps Finals night not been thier best. But it is the one that counts. And the DVDs should reflect this.

At very least, I would like to know what shows I am going to get before I buy the DVDs.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to championships, but only on finals night. I would want the DVDs to contain only the finals performances, if nothing else then because I want it to be recorded exactly as I saw it.

Wait until you guys see what might happen next year...

someones a bit of a tease...

Assuming they don't do the colorguard/percussion views, I'll be a little disappointed. Yeah, widescreen is cool, but it was never a big sellign feature for me. I'd much rather get the close-ups of individual scetions than get a wider view of the whole thing.

yep. in fact i dont think i've watched SCV 04 on any cam other than percussion with the judges tape

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any updated info on whether the CDs have started shipping yet?

I can't believe how many people think that the high cam for corps 7-12 is new this year...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only differences are they added anamorphic widescreen and (presumably) took away perc/guard cams and perhaps commentary. Otherwise this is the same product, no?

Personally, I'd MUCH rather have other camera angles/commentary than widescreen, but that's just me.

Personally, I'd MUCH rather have other camera angles/commentary than widescreen, but that's just me.

Do you have a 4:3 Television?

Yep, you got me. I don't fault DCI for it and I'll still buy the DVDs, just expressing my preference.

Dude, get a 16:9 set, you'll feel differently. :thumbup: