Future DCA Championships.

Rochester is a great city to have a drum corps show at.The Stadium leaves a lot to be desired.In Scranton the field was not ideal but the stands were like right there.Drum Corps was in your face and LOUD.I think a lot of the sound and excitement in the shows gets lost at Rochester.

But marching members only go where the bus takes them.Guess its up to the powers at be to find the right location.

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Soldiers Field is the wrong kind of stadium.

Especially now.... it looks like a spaceship has landed in downtown Chicago. :thumbup:

I would LOVE to see DCA's in the Baltimore area.... the Annapolis stadium would be perfect, IMO (particularly since it's only an hour or less away from our house...LOL).... just the right size... not too big, not too small, seats coming right down to basically the front sideline, for that "up close and personal" feel that suits the DCA product very well.

But Labor Day weekend can be tough to schedule a college football stadium, with many of the college teams opening their seasons that weekend.

I know, I know..... submit a bid. :w00t:

Fran

Move over Kenny - Allen is MY boy!!!!

There's enough of me to go around! Love ya both!!

Question is, where do you park? Soldier Field makes Camp Randall look like a parking garage?

Camp Randall is bigger then Soldier Field so really its the other way around. Camp Randall holds 80,321 where Soldier Field sneaks in at 61,500.

Regardless, even given the hypothetical situation that finals where to be in Chicago it won't be at Soldier Field for reasons stated before. There is a good chance that the NFL team that plays there could have a game. Plus expense would be high.

Toyota Park is fairly similar situation as the Rochester site with it being a Soccer field (home of the MLS Chicago Fire) good location...tons of parking. A lot easier to get to for those fans living outside of the city in the burbs yet close to the city.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t100/stadium/

Camp Randall is bigger then Soldier Field so really its the other way around. Camp Randall holds 80,321 where Soldier Field sneaks in at 61,500.

Regardless, even given the hypothetical situation that finals where to be in Chicago it won't be at Soldier Field for reasons stated before. There is a good chance that the NFL team that plays there could have a game. Plus expense would be high.

Toyota Park is fairly similar situation as the Rochester site with it being a Soccer field (home of the MLS Chicago Fire) good location...tons of parking. A lot easier to get to for those fans living outside of the city in the burbs yet close to the city.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t100/stadium/

Chicago would be cool,.................except the hotels would be VERY expensive, as well as the schools, ...............and just about everything else.....................

Chicago would be cool,.................except the hotels would be VERY expensive, as well as the schools, ...............and just about everything else.....................

same reasons i gave someone about having DCA at the new Randall Stadium. awesome location but way to $$ for the average fan.

Columbus Crew Stadium, Columbus, Ohio.

Been a fantastic venue for Artistry-In-Motion (Cap Reg's home show)

It is a LARGE professional soccer stadium. On the Ohio fairgrounds (lots of parking) and easy access to interstates, nearby food of all sorts, OSU, hotels....

Are the DCA Championships in Rochester again next year?

Or, is it up for bids again?

I know, Rochester, Love's it's DCA Championships.

So now it may be time for all of you who think it should move to:

" Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. "

So if you want it moved. Let's see those Bids come rolling in!

I know, I would like to see it moved around a bit.

BUT, I also have, No Problem going back to Rochester.

(A place that really seems to WANT to keep it, and also Works hard to Keep it!)

Interesting !

TOM, I said in my original POST that those that think it should be moved should start getting those BIDS IN. Well before whoever it was you replyed to also.

To others;

NO this was not for the "Rehash" of the "MOVE DCA" people. I only ASKED if DCA would be in Rochester again next year or not. AND. IF it was up for BID, and that for Others to start getting those bids IN if it was.

Chicago AREA, in my Opinion would be nice I guess. As would Balimore or Cleavland, Nashville or like as a First try. Still need that someone put in a BID though!!!

Having just gotten back from Scranton (A.L. Nationals). I can tell you this. I Will NOT be there if it ever goes back. Always have Problems in that place. (oh well. I guess DCA will survive if they return there. But, with my NON attendance.)

I also said Rochester did a GOOD job of holding DCA. They want it. They fight for it. I said "I had NO PROBLEM going back each year.

Yes we will once again host the Championships next year. DCA bids out in a 2 year Bid. We had 2006 & 2007. Then put the bid together for 2008 & 2009. Then it's up for grabs. SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE IT!!!!!!!!! Then I can get on here and complain about whatever city you all choose! :thumbup:

Whatever city takes it will have a high standard to top after the job Allen Buell has done. DCI gets 20,000 for their championships. Allen's team has averaged 8000-10,000. The Mayor and the Visitor's Bureau LOVE Allen Buell (future Mayor?)

Having just gotten back from Scranton (A.L. Nationals). I can tell you this. I Will NOT be there if it ever goes back. Always have...

Like the 10mph speed traps in Wilkes-Barre (Oh, so visitor-friendly)? I've never seen a region so unwelcoming of outsiders.