Future DCA Championships.

lets go to Bloomington :-P

Tampa Bay would favor the Hurricanes - not the corps from CT - just the Hurricanes.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA at Soldier Field? That would be a well attended contest I think.

I think Soldiers Field is the wrong kind of stadium. Giant Stadium would be great - but no chance to get it on Labor Day.

I did love Franklin Field.

DCA at Soldier Field? That would be a well attended contest I think.

I think a big reason DCA would be hesitant to move out West some would be because of the fans. My money is on the guess that most fans who would attend finals live in the Northeast, and DCA my be afraid that if they hold finals away from the fan base, they might not get as many fans. And fans are fan$.

Would love to see DCA in the Midwest. However, I just do not see the Northeast corps willing to expend the $$$$ OR time to travel that far. Sure it's more than OK for the Minn Brass, SF Renegades, Corpsvets, Kilts, etc. etc. to do so EVERY year, but "us do that????". Much less the Alumini corps, what would the DCA Championships be without paying tribute to our collective history.

Comments??

you'd lose the majority of the alumni corps. you might have others pop up in their places, but yes, i see that there would be quite a few who chose to not go. not because if it is a "us do that?" mentality, but just because it would be logistical nightmare for them. some already don't go to Rochester because it's too far.

you wanted comments and i gave you my two cents. i am expecting to get some flaming about the idea of not going tho . . .

Tampa Bay would favor the Hurricanes - not the corps from CT - just the Hurricanes.

the Bucs. the corps and the football team can battle it out.

:sad::sad::drool:

you'd lose the majority of the alumni corps. you might have others pop up in their places, but yes, i see that there would be quite a few who chose to not go. not because if it is a "us do that?" mentality, but just because it would be logistical nightmare for them. some already don't go to Rochester because it's too far.

you wanted comments and i gave you my two cents. i am expecting to get some flaming about the idea of not going tho . . .

No...actually I kind of agree with you on this....the logistical and financial requirement on the corps are far different for DCA corps than DCI.

Now if you were to set a more midwest venue several year into the future to give corps time to raise funds, that might work a little better.

DCA needs to get out of Rochester.

I agree with Kelli, ill take Scranton any day. As a performer, its just not exciting to perform at Paetec park. We used to get sooo excited and pumped up when you walked down the hill, and saw the crowd in scranton, now its just so anti-climactic.

Seriously, please someone move it.

Are the DCA Championships in Rochester again next year?

Or, is it up for bids again?

Yes we will once again host the Championships next year. DCA bids out in a 2 year Bid. We had 2006 & 2007. Then put the bid together for 2008 & 2009. Then it's up for grabs. SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE IT!!!!!!!!! Then I can get on here and complain about whatever city you all choose! :drool:

This has all been hashed over before at great length. I'm sure those in the know will eventually show up here and explain the bidding process and required criteria to move this event. if only it were as simple as........'hey-let's go here/there next year"....but it aint.