Future DCA Championships.

Since I don't think DCA will move Finals West at all I would like to see Big Regional shows in:

South:

Louisville, KY

Atlanta , GA

Central:

Denton, Texas at that good size stadium on the North side of town.

or

Kansas City, KS or MO

or

Minnesota(pick a city)

West:

Denver, Co (the trip to Denver would be long but fun)

or

California(pick a city and that usually has discount airfare available)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very seldom post on here because I think a few knuckle heads don't think before they

push the little send tab. But anyone who wants to take this over for the next 4 years as Allen has done....jump at it. He would give pages and pages of notes from endless meetings with DCA, the City of Rochester, Rochester PD, Monroe County .....ect to try and figure how to pull this off. He has put more $$$ in the pockets of the member corps than ever before.

THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE !!!!!!

He works endless, unappreciated hours on this event and for someone to say don't take this personal......you have never been involved with an event of this size. It IS personal......for 12 months of the year it is personal..His TIME..NO PAY! Not many would do this for free!!!!!!.

You on the other hand probably have never taken a lunch order for your office...if you even work in one!

Allen as a dear friend, I Hope you continue to strive to show all of DCA and their guests that Rochester is a great host for this event and much success for DCA and YOU ....YOU ARE A GEM,

and proud to say a great friend to me, my wife and daughter.

See ya soon

Joe T

I very seldom post on here because I think a few knuckle heads don't think before they

push the little send tab. But anyone who wants to take this over for the next 4 years as Allen has done....jump at it. He would give pages and pages of notes from endless meetings with DCA, the City of Rochester, Rochester PD, Monroe County .....ect to try and figure how to pull this off. He has put more $$$ in the pockets of the member corps than ever before.

He works endless, unappreciated hours on this event and for someone to say don't take this personal......you have never been involved with an event of this size. It IS personal......for 12 months of the year it is personal..His TIME..NO PAY! Not many would do this for free!!!!!!.

You on the other hand probably have never taken a lunch order for your office...if you even work in one!

Allen as a dear friend, I Hope you continue to strive to show all of DCA and their guests that Rochester is a great host for this event and much success for DCA and YOU ....YOU ARE A GEM,

See ya soon

Joe T

I appreciate that Allen is your friend but you are also misreadng this as an attack on Allen when all some of us are doing is conjecturing whether or not this could be done in another city in another region. Personally I like Rochester and enjoy going there, but my musings on this have been based on a possible future for DCA not as you think an attack on people doing this now.

Now what I could do is get snarky and comment on the fact that if all you east coast people are to be believed, the east coast is apparently the only place in this country that can host a successful Championship tournament, and it is further the only place that can accomodate the uncommon needs of our activity and apparently is the only place where people have good enough hearts to do it. That last bit is a real puzzler as most people who run drum corps shows also are not paid and do it out of love for the activity. I also have taken lunch orders for the many offices I have worked in, as well as run sports tournaments for which I was not paid. (Did it out of the goodness of my heart if you can believe it) But to you I am apparently some kind of knave for daring to suggest Rochester is not the cats a*s*s for eternity.

Try decaf and go back to your lurking. Apparently you cannot imagine a future for DCA that is in any way different than its past. Next time just say that and spare us the personal shots.

Since I don't think DCA will move Finals West at all I would like to see Big Regional shows in:

South:

Louisville, KY

Atlanta , GA

Central:

Denton, Texas at that good size stadium on the North side of town.

or

Kansas City, KS or MO

or

Minnesota(pick a city)

West:

Denver, Co (the trip to Denver would be long but fun)

or

California(pick a city and that usually has discount airfare available)

Nice locations.....I think one thing we're forgetting in the location fantasy is not so much the transportation of the personnel....it's shipping the gear. With fuel costs up (even though they've come down a bit), that's going to be a REAL issue.

So for a California event...if I was to pick a fantasy location, I'd probably go for Stanford, since it's held DCI regionals....CalPoly, San Luis Obispo is fairly central, but the stadium's not really suitable....similar in height to PCC from the 04 Div II/III from the look of it on line.

Denver might be a nice trip...a bit of a drive for the CA corps, but it beats 3000 miles one way.

I don't know the SoCal stadiums enough to make a recommendation....excepy maybe Santa Barbara City College, where the last CA show was held in 96...can you imagine a West Coast finals on the beach?? WOOO-HOOO!!!

sbcc.jpg

Edited by 84BDsop

See ya soon

Joe T

Let me make sure I have you right - "Knucklehead" = someone who doesn't agree with you...? Am I close?

I wouldn't mind a return to J Birney Crum, or maybe even Franklin Field in Philadelphia (yes it's still there).

I would also like to see it further west.

I really don't like how finals are essentially a home show for 2 of the drum corps that compete in DCA, don't really think that's fair but again that's just my opinion.

Franklin Field is a logistics nightmare. and the problem with Allentown is you run against the Fair. makes hotels an issue

DCA needs to get out of Rochester.

I agree with Kelli, ill take Scranton any day. As a performer, its just not exciting to perform at Paetec park. We used to get sooo excited and pumped up when you walked down the hill, and saw the crowd in scranton, now its just so anti-climactic.

Seriously, please someone move it.

Scranton is real grass now, forget it. Maybe Hershey if they could be trusted