Worst stadiums ever

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in 07 there was baseball field and we performed in the outfield,that kinda sucked and uhhhhh some other stadium in iowa??? maybe? there was patches of grass here and there and some kind of superman sign on the middle field. oh and of course sevierville. the hump on that was horrible

Worse fields in my experience are Westminster, Md, and Ft. Edwards/Glen Falls, NY. I went to Westminster two years and they both sucked ugh! and Ft. Edwards had the baseball field with the press box in 45 and not on the 50...

Dave Tuttle

Blue Devils French Horn 1976-1980

2nd Horn, La Jolla Symphony Orchestra

Chairman, CBBFHDC (Committee to Bring Back French Horns to Drum Corps)

OFF TOPIC...

Hey, Dave? How does a drummer join the CBBFHDC?

Garry in Vegas

Pittsfield, MA

Atwater, CA (the "Hickdome")

Alton, IL (I think it was Alton, baseball stadium with field that was too short from sideline to sideline)

Sevierville, TN (Loved the class pictures with Dolly Parton in the school's front hall, though)

Orange Bowl, Miami, FL

Silverdome, Pontiac, MI (gotta love that echo...)

Huntington, WV

Alton isn't a baseball stadium...it has a regular sized football field in a natural bowl.

/that's my home town.

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but I would have to say that I HATE the field where the colts home show has been the last two years... long grass, really holy, hard earth... yuk.

(I do have to say though, that despite the sand, I enjoy the orange bowl. Where I was on the field, the sand was not bad, and really soft and smooth.

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but I would have to say that I HATE the field where the colts home show has been the last two years... long grass, really holy, hard earth... yuk.

If you're talking about Dalzell Field at Dubuque HS- yes, that one's still hosting a show. I marched that show in 2003, but I don't recall anything extraordinarily good or bad about it.

If you're talking about Dalzell Field at Dubuque HS- yes, that one's still hosting a show. I marched that show in 2003, but I don't recall anything extraordinarily good or bad about it.

Argh. We had our first show on tour there this year, and it did not go well. Nobody had a good time with the field, especially the long grass. The only good thing about it was that our vis staff was probably able to identify some pathway issues from the tracks in the grass.

Worst stadiums EVER...

Bad - Wacona Park, Pittsfield, MA (Minor League Ball Park)

Worse - Riverside Park Stock Car Track - Agawam, MA (Dirt field)

The absolute worst - Lewison Stadium, NY City (Like a freakin' canyon with sirens sounding incessantly. An absolutely no air!)

A stadium I would NEVER go back to: Some high school in Bed-Stuy section of Brooklyn. The stadium was nice but don't leave your car parked on the street.

Eastern Michigan University stadium , in Kalamazoo Mi. the first few performing corps were almost impossible to see account of the sun blasting us right square in the face , and the Amtrak trains blowing their wistles all the way through town ! :tongue: